• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fear Controls You |Leliana|
    Vita

Vita was young and the boundaries of lands meant little to her, though today she decided to visit Ischia's home kingdom, and she should be warmly accepted. She would one day find trouble as she grows older, walking into a kingdom unwelcomed, but most didn't see her as a threat, just an innocent child.

The winged girl gently lowers herself from the sky to the floor of Tephra. She was just born when the war broke out, and she had no idea of it so she cautiously moves through the half burnt kingdom. The trees still black, but where there was death, there was new life. Small plants budding, attempting to restore its original life.

As she meets a more green Tephra her caution drops slightly and she moves more freely. She could hear others, and already the kingdom was more busy than her own home. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but she preferred the quiet, a visit to the busy kingdom would do just fine.

Fear Controls You

@[leliana] I have no self control :p

Leliana has only known her sister Exist.

She has grown up intertwined with her twin, even while they have spent time apart. She has known what it means to have your heart so firmly planted into another’s chest—to know a life with the same depth and breadth of romantic love. She has always known that wherever she was in her life, wherever her sister was, even if they were on opposite sides of the earth that they would always be there together.

So it is a surprise when she feels a faint tug at her heart when someone new comes to her shores.

There is a frown that crosses her features, a moment of contemplation as she tries to puzzle out what it means as she turns her lovely head toward the source of the confusion. She can feel the young girl beginning to move through the kingdom, unconcerned about borders, but such things have never truly bothered Leliana. Even in the wake of the war, she chooses bravery in the form of hope.

Eventually, she chooses to move forward. As she walks through Tephra, flowers bloom in her wake. It has been tiring work, regrowing Tephra, and she does pieces of it at a time. Her magic is not so vast that she can simply banish the sign of war and bloodshed in an instant. But she leaves reminders of new life in each footprint, grass and flowers pushing up through the ash and reclaiming their spot of the kingdom.

When she arrives nearer the young girl, her wings shuffle at her sides and then press in closer.

“Hello there,” she offers, feeling her pulse quickening as her magic begins to piece together her identity.

“My name is Leliana.”

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[Vita] i am so glad. <33
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity
    Vita

Vita was coming up on another year of life, but still she only knew of mother and father as far as family went. Ever since she left Nerine she felt slightly out of place, Ischia was a lovely home but all the inhabitants seemed to have some sort of water trait. Her lack of one didn't keep the other's from becoming her friend, but still she hadn't fully fit in.

As she travels through Nerine, with little attention to her surroundings. Though the nearing sound of another grabs her attention. Her teal head flicks to find an approaching mare, with each step the dead earth bloomed with new life. A smile grows wide on Vita's maw, watchint with fascination.

The similarly sized mare comes to a halt before Vita, shuffling her wings before resting them at her side. She gives a warm greeting, and even offers her name, Leiliana

Vita didn't know what it was, but she felt differently in the presence of this mare. She felt connected? She wanted to know more about her, more than she had anyone else. Hi! My names Vita! I live in Ischia, so I just thought I should visit Tephra. She was innocent, and held no harm against the kingdom though she could still be seen as a threat.

Fear Controls You

@[leliana]

Leliana had never known her mother or father. She had been an orphan from such a young age that it was sometimes difficult to imagine ever being upset about it. It was the only life she had ever known and, in the end, she did not regret it. Magnus had raised them knowing somehow that they were distantly related and although he was busy with many things, her pseudo-uncle had done the best he could by them.

Her and Exist had never struggled or wanted for affection.

But she feels pieces of her heart stitching together the longer that she is in this girl’s presence; the feeling of a family expanding. As the girl speaks, Leliana smiles, her red lips curving with warmth, her hazel eyes holding steady. “Ischia is beautiful,” she says simply, thinking back with a twinge of heart about the nights she had spent there—the ache around the memories tied with her time in Ischia.

Her magic sweeps over the wounds though, closing them up, and leaving her clear-eyed.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Vita.” She is quiet for a second, thinking on what she knows and how she knows it; how strange it is to have magic that helps her navigate such things as familial ties, letting her trace them with the care of a cartographer and a newly discovered river. How she cherishes it now.

“Magic is a strange thing,” she says, abruptly, and although there are secrets in her hazel eyes, she does not intend for them to remain secrets for long. “It has its drawbacks, but one of the things I love most about it are the doors it opens for me—the connections it makes visible.” She laughs, shaking her head. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be vague. I simply wanted to explain how I know what I’m about to say.”

A soft smile as her eyes find Vita’s.

“We are sisters, Vita. We are sisters, and I am so happy to have met you.”

@[Vita]
    Vita

The bay and red girl is gentle when she speaks, she has an inviting allure similar to Adria's. Her head tilts slightly as Leliana mentions magic. It was such a powerful trait that she has heard of, but she had never met someone who had the magical abilities.

She continues, mentioning that magic was great, but with everything powerful a danger lingers. She notes one of the great things is being able to form connections? Vita didn't quite understand, and if she hadn't been so naive perhaps she would even think shes crazy.

She aplogizes for the odd explanation, but what she says next leaves Vita stunned. we are sisters.

Sisters? 

She lets the words rest into her mind, her eyes scanning over Leliana. They had similar builds, even there height nearly matched and they both carried wings on there backs. The only true difference was the white patches Vita wore, though that was thanks to father.

Mother wasn't around as much as father was, and perhaps that was why she was pushed from the nest so young. She was confused, but why would she lie? There was no reason....

Vita quickly moves to press her head against the mares shoulder, family is what she so desperately sought and when one pushed her away it drew her closer to the other. Sisters, a questioning tone still lingered, but more than anything excitement.

I don't know how you can be so sure, I don't have any magic, but I feel drawn to you. She admits her own feelings to Leli as she pulls back from the embrace. How long have you lived here? How long have you been just under my nose is her true thoughts.

Fear Controls You

@[leliana]

Leliana doesn’t pull away when the younger woman moves into her embrace. She simply holds her tight, dropping her head across the other’s withers and pulling her into her chest. For a second, they just stand there like that, and she feels the sea breeze pulling in from the Tephran shore to wrap around them.

There is a joy that sparks in her chest—a golden glow that she holds tight.

“Just trust me,” she says with a laugh. “You’re—you’re Victra’s daughter.” The word catches on her tongue. She’s not sure that she has ever said that name before. That she ever knew and it leaves something like an ache in her belly. “She was my mother too,” she holds back the tears that touch the back of her hazel eyes with a smile. “I never knew her well,” at all she thinks, but continues anyway.

“You have another sister too. My twin. Her name is Exist.”

The pain within her subsides slightly when she thinks of her twin. When she thinks of her star fire and the warmth that has always been there with her. It had not been so bad, being orphaned, with her there.

“I have been year for several years,” she lifts her head to look around. “I was raised her by my, I mean, our, uncle. His name is Magnus.” Of course, she knows now that he was not actually their uncle. They were related, but it was much more twisted than that. She simply did not have the words to describe it.

“I left for a while, but I am so glad to be back here."

Vita

When it seemed that she was most lost, fate had brought her to her sister. She welcomes her with open arm's, and she is the family that Vita has been looking for ever since leaving Nerine.

Still, Vita isn't sure how this firey girl knew there connection, but when she mentions mothers name all doubts fade from her mind. She was smiling, and even if she tried she couldnt stop it from appearing.

She listens as her sister speaks, she admits that she doesn't know mother well. It is not something she can't imagine, though mother was around in her life, it was her father who was the most involved.

When Leliana notes to them sharing another sister, her heart nearly explodes. She thought she was living a life of solitude, but it turns out that she had so much family surrounding her. Wow! Do you see her much....Exist that is? she asks, curious if the three of them could share a sisterly bond.

Leli answers her question about living here, just under her nose this whole time. She says that she had lived here for years, raised by an uncle! The list of family is growing as this conversation continues on. She notes that she had left for a short time, but has finally returned.

I'm glad to hear that you live here! I am just a short trip away in Ischia.. Truthfully, who knows what the future will hold. Blood is strong, and just knowing Leli is here will keep Vita visiting. It would be easy to just stay in Tephra, but her bond to the sea creatures of Ischia make leaving hard. Have you any children? She asks noting the age difference between them, if anything she might have a child closer in age with Vita.

Fear Controls You

@[leliana]

It is a beautiful thing to find family—especially when she had not been looking—and Leliana lets herself relax into it. She feels nothing but joy, nothing but the pressing warmth of finding and fostering a new connection. It blossoms when Vita reacts to the news of Exist and Leliana’s smile grows wider.

“I do,” she says, her voice warm and bright as she imagines her twin sister. “She has a growing family of her own, but we’re still impossibly close. She is going to be so excited to meet you.” Leliana wishes that she could properly explain to Vita just what her, their, sister is like, but words fail her.

How would she ever explain Exist’s bright, vivacious nature?

How would she she ever explain just how much her sister shone?

She doesn’t have the words and so she doesn’t try. She just smiles and then turns her attention over to the water and the islands that lie beyond it. “I will have to come visit you in Ischia soon,” she says, but it is when Vita mentions children that she truly brightens. “I do! I have many,” she grins. “Most of them live here, but there are several older children who have flown the coop.” It pains her to think of, but she knows children can’t live with their parents forever and she is proud that they’ve found their independence.

“You will have to meet your nieces and nephews soon.”

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity