• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Sidewalk scenes and black limousines [Jesper]

I HAVE THREE EYES

Taiga in the summer was impossible. Difficult to live in under the mist, obscured by a dark web of evergreen leaves that prevented her from stretching her wings to fly. A pegasus felt suffocated down here. One thing Eyas could appreciate about possibly moving to Nerine was all the open space; miles of ragged coastline and cliffs for diving. She walked closer to a patch of open land in the redwood forest, out into the moonlight near a small pond of water, thinking about how nice it would be to fly anytime she wanted.

Eyas stretched her tri-colored wings and sighed, enjoying the cool night air before she popped her heels into a swift canter and ascended into a rushed, flapping take-off. Her heels skimmed the surface of the quiet water and left rippling wakes in their trail, tucking underneath her the higher Eyas flew. She was going due North, past Nerine altogether in search of a stallion who’d just won an important battle.

The two horses had never met, but Eyas glimpsed Jesper one evening and knew she needed to meet him. It was the way she dealt with her powers; they gave her moments of another horse’s life and she took them at face value.

She’s gotten a vision of Izora, now she was getting a vision of a black-and-bronze stallion who’d seen snow and fought a wolf. Couldn’t get much clearer than that.

She flew on, soaring through cold fronts and keeping her nose out past her knees, eyes narrowed. Eyas landed in the late morning, coasting down from the clouds and trailing ice in her tail and mane when her hooves skidded across the Isle’s tundra grass. Summer was in full bloom and the open plain was ruggedly beautiful. The slender mare curled her wings to her sides and rested, comfortably, until the arrival of another horse caught her attention.

TWO TO LOOK, AND ONE TO SEE

Eyas

@[Jesper]
    Living on such a remote piece of Beqanna kept the happenings of the mainland on the other side of the bay. The bay served as a physical barrier to isolate the Icicles. If you did not possess wings, you had to swim across, which is easily a deterring factor. Jesper did not know what events are or, were, taking place across the kingdoms. He could not know without travelling there or, without one of them travelling here. He supposes that most leaders would not waste sending a diplomat to him when, they could more easily, and more importantly, reach Heartfire. To some degree, Jesper enjoyed not being responsible for such a large turf. On the other hand, his social nature feels quite deprived most days.

Jesper could not know the implications of his duel with Sabrina. He had no clue what motivations or, possible ulterior motives, prompted her to challenge him except for those stated in the battle. Jesper also admits to not knowing more about Sabrina despite the fact that she lived right under his nose. Regardless, the black steed is grateful for the outcome. He vows to be more active and alert when it comes to his territory. So, when a crisp breeze delivers the scent of a stranger to him, Jesper perks right up. It seems the recent battle still had him on edge. Sensitive salmon domes filter through the limited fragrances until he comes across the unfamiliar perfume again. His chassis tenses before the stallion puts himself into motion. His body is still stiff, even days after the battle but, the bruises are healing, slowly. The break in his right front leg is on the mend, thanks immensely to Caelestra; though, there is still some healing left. Jesper refrains from bearing the same amount of weight carried by the other three limbs. Instead, he favors it slightly as he walks across the barren landscape.

Jesper continues until his light blue gaze rests upon a striking golden figure in the distance. Her mane stands erect and, is the color of his current pelt. The early sun radiates off of her wings, which bear hues of stark white against captivating navy and black. The stallion studies this visitor as he marches towards her. His poll lifts as he draws closer and then, Jesper halts a few steps away. Bronze-tipped lobes flick with uncertainty as he attempts to read her intentions. At last, the black steed settles, into a square halt, with one ear pricked forward while the other alternates between surveying the tundra and, resting against his poll. Try as he may, Jesper is unable to get a read on this winged, buckskin lady. She seems right at home, he thinks as he observes how relaxed she stands. His pale blue gaze is cold and hard as he anticipates another challenge. At last, he speaks up with a tone that is dry and unwavering. "Excuse me. Who are you? What are you doing here?"
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Eyas]
    1st, I apologize if it does not flow. I am excited about where this will go and couldn't wait to give you words!
    2nd, sorry for Jesper's attitude. It seems he is finding it hard to trust right now.

I HAVE THREE EYES

No matter how hard she tried to attempt looking ‘normal’, Eyas can never become that word. Not when she’d seen places she’d never been to, like Icicle Isle. Not when she can feel at home just about anywhere through the vicarious sight of other horses. In fact, she felt intensely comfortable right now because her hooves touched the earth and her eyes were assaulted with hundreds of visions simultaneously blinking over one another, all the same images of this island from countless perspectives.

This place was harsh, but she was harshly beautiful too.

Excuse me, Someone she couldn’t see asked, making the visions stop. Eyas blinked and saw Jesper as he was in the present (time could be a varying sort of thing when you’ve looked at so many different minutes, hours, days… ) and heard him clearly enough when he asked her, Who are you? What are you doing here?.

She almost feels guilty for answering him with, “I’m Heartfire’s great-granddaughter, Eyas.” The buckskin pegasus mare hoped that using the Nerinian Queen’s name as a bypass against borders wouldn’t cost her. “I… ” She paused, unsure of how to continue.

How could she explain what it was that led her here? That it was technically him, though they’d never met before?

“... have information for you. Strictly diplomatic.” The Taigian mare promised him. One whiff of her skin and Jesper could tell for himself that she reeked of the redwood forest. For better or worse, she was his ally. Especially if he wanted to hear what she had to tell him…

Whiiiicccchhh she would figure out as soon as she got one of those handy visions that happened to not be working right now. Eyas smiled over the concern and released a tiny bit of her emotional power - just enough that if Jesper felt it, he might be persuaded to like her enough for a little chat.

Eyas

@[Jesper]
    The black stallion remains silent as he studies her. Despite his cold greeting, Jesper is a curious one. He feels no different towards this gold, sapphire and black visitor. However, given his recent encounter with Sabrina, every fiber of his being screams to proceed with his caution. His right front leg is almost back to normal, thanks entirely to the healing powers of Caelestra. Of course, he trusts that Brennen would have found a way if there was no other option.

The male shifts his weight to feel the residual stiffness in the tendons of his right fore. It serves as a reminder to never let your guard down. He allows his gaze to refocus onto the female as she introduces herself. Her tone is sincere and, Jesper feels his nervous tension easing. His poll lowers slightly and, the muscles in his neck no longer strain. His bronze-tipped lobes flick forward when he recognizes Heartfire's name. By her genuine delivery, Jesper does not doubt the validity in her statement.

He allows the winged lady to finish her sentence and processes it with a quizzical brow. Moments later, Jesper finds his voice and replies to Eyas in a tone that is both diplomatic and curious. "I see. Well, Eyas, I am Jesper. Though, I get the feeling you already know that. You have my attention. I am curious to hear what information you bring."
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Eyas]

I HAVE THREE EYES

The young mare with coal black eyes had always loved puzzles, mainly solving them. Nothing was better than watching a perfect match being made, or solving an elusive riddle. The gratifaction of completion thrilled Eyas, causing her to sometimes rush through problems more easily solved by slow consideration beforehand. When her brother Gale had been alive the thinking part was his job; Eyas was responsible for clarifying the bigger picture. Now that he was gone that left more than half of the leg work for her to think through:

A glimpse of Jesper’s battle had brought her here, but why? She didn’t have the slightest idea. Gale would know what to do or where to look, if he were here. Eyas watched the black stallion of Icicle Isle lose the tension in his shoulders and saw his head drop, so she mirrored him and lowered her head as well, listening. She did know him, not just of him since he’d been flashing in her dreams lately. But only scenes of his battle, over and over again. Likely he assumed Heartfire had told Eyas everything she needed to know so he stood there, waiting for an answer but nothing sprang to her mind.

At first.

What would Gale do? The female bit her lip. “The information… “ She stalled, thinking of Gale and how he would look if her triplet were still alive and on this journey with her. His lovely blue color would’ve come in by now, most likely he would’ve had some type of stripes. His wings would be all pale and downy. She could imagine her brother so clearly that a figure of him began to take place beside her - flickering to life like an image on a screen.

The imaginary Gale smiled in a way that told her everything she’d been looking for. Look through his eyes first, he seemed to say. Eyas breathed deeply and delved into Jesper’s sight, peering into every moment he’d ever had his eyes open to see. Flashes of landscape and images of horses began to buzz in and out of the fast-forwarded scenes. look for constants, Gale said next.

Eyas exhaled steadily and went blank-faced, talking to Jesper aloud as she sorted through more visions in her mind. “Sabrina isn’t the only loose end you should be tying up,” She warned, seeing Jesper through Lavendel and Camomila's eyes next. They were the ones who’d been the most intimate with him… there. She stopped looking and blinked; Gale disappeared and Jesper was still here in Icicle Isle.

A shiver ran across her shoulders. “You have a son who doesn’t know you’re his father.” Came the steady reply. Both her eyes cleared, focusing on Jesper’s tilted expression. “He has a twin sister but the information I have on her current whereabouts is scarce. The colt is bay, with large patches of white covering his coat. He’s been in Sylva this whole time… but my source tells me the boy was wandering the Forest not long ago.”

Eyas felt the heady wave of adrenaline rushing away from her, now that her puzzle had been solved. She felt incredibly tired, exhausted enough to shiver in the cold and try to nap before leaving and flying home. But she powered on, recalling the vision of the boy’s mother naming him until reading Lavendel's memory-silent lips started to make sense. “Juice. His name is Juice, keep that in mind.”

Eyas

@[Jesper] tl;dr: Eyas uses her vision manipulation to plant a fake vision of her dead brother Gale right beside her, like an imaginary friend. Then she dives into Jesper's sight and looks through his life until she finds Lavendel and Camomila. Through Lavendel's sight she finds Juice and his twin Jager, but can only see through Juice's eyes in the present. She tells Jesper everything she can about Juice, lip-reads Lavendel naming him that, and is really tired from all her hard work.

I'm leaving it up to you as far as: if Jesper feels Eyas using her power on his vision, and if he wants to see fake Gale appear/disappear or not. He wouldn't see any of the visions Eyas sees, since she's not sharing them with him (except for Gale).
    Jesper could do nothing except wait. Her prelude is innocent enough though, the black wonders why she came to him and, not Heartfire. Her gold pelt bears the distinct must of moss and redwood that characterizes Taiga. Both Jesper and Eyas answer to Nerine. Thus, the black feels skeptical about the information the winged lady possesses. Is it truly diplomatic or, is it more personal? His bronze-tipped ears flick back and forth while his pale blue gaze fixates on her dark-rimmed lips, waiting for them to move with her next words. Without realizing it, Jesper stops breathing. He cannot wait for her to share what she knows and yet, a part of him worries about what she has to say.

He is waiting so heavily on her to speak that Jesper nearly bursts when she does. He releases the breath that he had been holding and, catches himself leaning towards her in earnest. He leans back just as another equine flickers into focus beside her. Its pelt is a beautiful shade of blue and, it, also, carries a pair of wings. Jesper blinks a time or two but the equine remains. He is not imagining it. While he believes what he is seeing is truly there, he remains unfamiliar with this type of Beqanna magic. Never mind that! Jesper reminds himself and, refocuses upon the lady.

As his light blue gaze meets her deep black pools, the male is overcome by a new sensation. Despite there being quite a bit of space between them, Jesper can feel an energy infiltrating his mind. He presumes it belongs to Eyas. He wants to back away. He wants to avoid whatever plans she has for him but, then she speaks. Her tone is steady and, laced with warning as she mentions Sabrina. She goes on to say "You have a son," and, at that very moment, Jesper cannot process the rest of the sentence. He shakes his head and repeats the line, over and over. He blinks a few times in rapid succession and then, his mandible pulls away from his maxilla. The stallion stands there, mouth agape for what seems like ages.

Then, her voice breaks his stagnant thought process. She relays that his son has a sister. And, that he calls Sylva home. Jesper is dumbfounded. Speechless. If he could, he would ask her how she knows this. Her words stirred up so many questions. He just couldn't put them together. Closing his agape maw, the black makes an effort to look clearly at the winged mare. The apparition is gone and, Eyas, the poor dear, appears so drained. He could not ask any more of her. It is awfully generous of her to make the trek to him to deliver this information. Besides, he could not think straight now. Who could?

His mind keeps flicking back and forth between doubt and shock. She spoke of the boy in the present which could only mean that Juice, and his twin, were born to Lavendel. Yet, Eyas made no mention of his first love. Jesper searched high and low for the dunskin splash mare. For days, he patrolled Sylva's border. He called her name until his voice was hoarse. There had been no sign of her. There still was no sign of her. Jesper catches himself getting lost in his inner monologue and, shakes his head violently. Bronze-streaked tresses fly and snap against his muscular nape until, at last, the black stands still once more. A wave of shock causes his patellas to buckle and, for a moment, both front limbs quiver and, appear as though they might give out.

They don't. Jesper remains upright on all fours and, finally, gazes clearly upon Eyas. He swallows the largest lump ever to build in his throat and, opens his maw though, this time, words pass through. "Eyas, I am not sure how to thank you. For everything." The black finds a disconnect between his thoughts and his vocal chords so, his speech is choppy; his tone wavers. "I recognize you are exhausted. You are welcome to stay until you are strong enough to return home. I offer my den for shelter, as well." Before his mind wanders off to process what to do with the information she delivered, Jesper feels the need to say one more thing. "I imagine this information comes with a price. What do I owe you Eyas?"
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Eyas]