• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Eva
    breaking like the waves down on the coastline
    breaking like the wine-stained glass that held my drink

“A pleasure to meet you @[Aquaria],” she addresses warmly back in greeting.

Eva considers the pale and gold dappled mare for a moment. It was not every day that Eva met another on their little island. Her warm gaze traces along the edges and crevices of the mare. It is the fin mane and tail that keeps her attention most as she studies the mare during the short time. Eva has met all sorts of different sea creatures since she came to Ischia. It would certainly not be out of place for her to find something new and unique about this new sea horse named Aquaria.

She was similar in some ways as the other sea horse. Eva had been blessed by the ocean when she was pulled in by the current near the bone-stained beach. It was that day that had changed everything for her. Perhaps forever altering the very life she should have had. But Eva doesn’t think much of that day she was birthed. It was simply a blur and hidden in the very black crevices of her mind. She only recalls warm days and the ocean being her domain before meeting Adria and coming to Ischia.

Her curiosity deepens as the pale and golden nereid mentions helping her big sister. “You must be Adria’s sister then!” Quick excitement fills the tone of her voice. She recalls Adria telling her that she was not the only nereid. In fact, some of her own family were nereids too. “She told me many moons ago that she had a family.” Her eyes grow warmer as she holds the gaze of Aquaria.

The gentle breeze is no longer warm, but rather colder than before. Eva notes that the storm was being directed towards their way as she glances towards horizon where the grey clouds were. Slowly the storm was rolling in. The smell of rain was just on the tip of her nose as she inhaled the air around her.

Eva focuses back onto the mare when she asks where she goes when storms like this come. “I’ve lived here for some time now. Adria found me when I was about a year old and invited me to come to Ischia.” She smiles thoughtfully at recalling the memory. “She has become my mother in many ways if not.”

Her attentions move to the darkening sea that Aquaria mentioned. “I usually go inland if the storm gets too bad. However, it usually rains a bit here every few days. Mostly the morning time it is like this, but we do have a few tropical storms in the springtime.” Eva didn’t mind the rain at all. She liked watching the storm from the shoreline. It reminded her more of the open ocean. If it gotten too bad out there, she ended up staying under the water. But it was harsh storms that taught her how to swim and manipulate the water.

Eva

character info: here | character reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Eva - by Eva - 08-29-2019, 06:43 PM