• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we were neon in a grey crowd; starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Kensa doesn’t disappoint her.

Starsin gave her the gasoline and Kensa willingly lit the match and dropped it, and at this point, she didn’t care if they both went up in flames.

There is nothing in her face that gives away anything that she feels. Nothing in the quiet fierceness of her eyes, nothing in the way that simper never falters from her lips. She watches, and she waits. She waits for Kensa’s beautiful face to shift from sorrow to realization to anger. She listens, as her mind tries to sort through all the why’s. But the thing was, Starsin never needed a why. She didn’t need a reason. She just needed a little material to work with, and maybe to feel a little too bored that day.

This was a little more than just boredom, of course. This was her at her absolute worst. This was her, in all of her reckless jealousy, this was her, twisting like a tornado and not caring who she sucked up with her.

When the clarity reaches Kensa’s eyes, when the hollowed melancholy that had previously been carved into her face becomes full with fury, it is met with a chilling laugh. “I don’t care about what Brigade did, Kensa, this is about you.” She steps forward, closing the space between them, slinking forward with an almost predatory grace. She arcs around her, the cobalt blue of her eyes clashing with topaz and refusing to break away. “Do you remember when we first met, how I knew who you were before you ever had to say a thing? Do you remember why that was?” The words are spoken with a slow precision, a surgical knife to the skin, making the necessary cuts before she could open her up. “Lie thinks about you constantly. He thought about you when he was a prisoner in Loess, he thought about every single time I saw him in Pangea – “ her sentence breaks off here, stopping to tilt her head and adding with a feigned, despondent sigh. “He even thought about you the night he told me he loved me.”

She softens her voice, but the words are still frigid in their delivery. “Imagine my surprise when I met a lovestruck Brigade, who didn’t even know Lie existed.”

But Ophanim’s name is like a bomb being dropped, and the shift in her is palpable. Something inside of her begins to tremble, the threat of an explosion readying itself beneath her skin. “Don’t fucking drag him into this. He may have fucked you, but he doesn’t love you. You’re another one night stand to him, so go ahead and tell him whatever you want.” Her ears are pinned flat against the raven waves of her mane, as she snakes closer to the woman she had once touched so intimately at the river. “The difference between me and you, Kensa, is I would choose Ophanim over absolutely anyone. Over you, over Lie. There is not a soul alive that could actually come between us.”

She steps back, loosening tight curve of her neck from its previously arched position, and though the low seep of her voice had returned to normal, there is still no softness to be found. “All I did was tell Brigade that Lie existed. Something that you should have done from the beginning.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    we were neon in a grey crowd; starsin - by Kensa - 08-18-2019, 03:12 PM
    RE: we were neon in a grey crowd; starsin - by Starsin - 08-20-2019, 02:42 AM