• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  There is nothing to say;Litotes
    She is not sure why she finds herself flying circles above Pangea today. She has been at a loss since arriving in Beqanna, finding nowhere to belong, finding nowhere to call home. The closest she had been to a place of comfort was along the river that flowed beneath her now. She had listened to the calls of Pangea while the air whispered softly between her heavy locks. 

Maybe she should find her way to solid ground once again. Maybe her place is where it all started. With the whispers of a land infront of her and the tugges of his shadows behind her. Every now and again the lonely, shadow king crosses her mind. She had hoped he would be her friend, but instead had fathered her daughter. She nodded her head in a final decision as she tilted her wings towards the red, dusty ground and glided smoothly, settling elegantly beside the twisting river.

If by chance she'd run into that lonely, shadow king today it would not be one of conflict. Last time she was here she had reprimanded him for not knowing their daughter, but in all honesty he was no worse a father than she had been a mother. 

Her sky blue eyes closed softly like they had the first time she had visited this god forsaken, beautiful land and the canyons hummed to her once more. No, if she by chance ran into that lonely, shadow king she would simply listen to him if he felt the need to talk. Maybe, just maybe, he needed a friend just as much as she did. 

The soft autumn wind pulled at her slivered mane and lifted the red dust up from the ground to be caught and settled into her white feathering along her heels. The tips of her opal wings shimmered in a light dusting of Pangea's red familiar markings. Her edges had softened in the past 2 years, an elegant piece of equine rooted in a harsh, barren land. Her head bobbed to century old stories provided by the voice of canyons breath.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[litotes] Nimue is back once again incase the lonely shadow king needs an unbiased friend.

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Most of his days while away in Pangean sunsets and sunrises. He blinks awake with a yawn and falls asleep with a yawn, each day removing a little of the weight of all of his heartbreak. Pain like a piano tumbling from ten stories above one’s head, deadly and crushing - it almost killed him.

Almost.

At this he smiles wickedly, handsome face turning to the sky with rueful duality: a broken man and a pieced together man, each painting one half of his body. What will he be today?

It is with apprehension that Litotes notices Nimue upon the red clay of his kingdom. His face darkens just an inch, eyes curving suspiciously just the slightest. Most of their encounters are not friendly, not since the first time they had met, and he is beginning to wonder if she is here to yell at him for the daughter neither of them know how to parent; still, it is rude to not address a guest in his home, and perhaps he can use a little justified anger in his life.

“Nimue,” he murmurs just loud enough for her to hear. His steps are delicate as he approaches, and his shadows wrap protectively around him. He tilts his head with a hesitant smile. “Are you enjoying the singing of the canyons again?” This jovial question he hopes will soften whatever blow she may have in store for him.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Nimue Isolde]
    She could sense the shift in the canyons melody as it parted and weaved around the King and his shadows. His voice joining it's chorus did not surprise her when he finally spoke, it only pulled a slightest hint of a smile to her velvety lips. Indeed I was. she breathed as she opened her strikingly, blue eyes and focused them on his. Her gaze shifted to his inky shadows, they clung to him like a desperate lover. They make me feel not so, she paused for a moment eyes shifting back to his in thought, lonely. Her silvered forelock fell softly into her eyes, misplaced by a particularly strong wind that caressed the red clay land, as if sending a gentle affirmation of her previous statement.

Nimue shifted her opal feathers against her barrel, knocking loose the red dust that had collected there. How has the lonely king been? I hear I can officially call you that now. she teased, thinking back to the first time they met. She had called him king and he had not hesitated to correct her.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[litotes]