• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Diplomatic Visit
    Again, the feeling of swimming among sharks. She watched as something seemingly unspoken passed between the father and son, the gentle expression not leaving her face. Still, an edge of apprehension glimmered at the edge of her mind. Perhaps she'd been overconfident at the beginning of this conversation. Even if she had though, it was too late to back out. This was a test, and she liked doing well on tests. 

The colt's words didn't phase her. She was smallish and, yes, maybe a little fizzy-brained. No one had ever expected much of the water nymph, not even herself. This current dash of initiative was uncharted territory for her, but being back in her sister's presence made it feel necessary. If nothing else, she wanted Adria to be proud of her. So she just smiled at the boy, wondering what on earth had occurred in his short life to make him so sharp edged, and nodded in agreement. 

When his father took up the conversation, she laughed apologetically. "Sorry, I should have been more clear. Ischia isn't looking for protection, but a partnership. We're a peaceful island community, yes. We don't believe we need to war to be of use, although friendly sparring matches could be useful for both of us from a skill building point of view. This isn't Ischia looking to exploit others. We're just wanting to be good neighbors in the world community." She nodded toward the unseen coast line, illustrating her point. "I'll have to speak with my sister, but perhaps some sort of exchange could be worked out. As far apart as our lands are, I'm sure we could learn a lot from each other." She suggested, thinking aloud. 

Her feet shuffled a little uneasily, her eyes returning to the colt. There was something queer about the boy, something she couldn't quite define. As sweet as he'd been at the outset, he now had a much chiller persona in place. She saddened a little, unsure if she'd been as successful at friend making as she'd originally thought. "I don't think I've skirted anything, minnow," her father's term of endearment slipped out. "Just making my points. And yes, my sister has been interested in communication with all quarters of the land. It is not such a bad thing, to see how the rest of the world is doing, even if we do not generally participate."

She didn't understand the apparent aversion these horses had to the idea of nonviolence. In her opinion, her talents were much better suited to making things beautiful, rather than as weapons of war. If it came down to protecting her home and family from those who would do them harm, then so be it. She would fight and fight well. On the other hoof, picking a battle just for the thrill of it seemed like a waste of energy better spent elsewhere. 

@[draco]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Diplomatic Visit - by Aquaria - 09-07-2019, 02:19 PM