• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Little by Little
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    The mare entered the field cautiously, her ears pricked forward and nostrils flared. This was the first time she had ever left the small grove her mother had her secluded in. Now, in her third year, she was finally allowed the freedom the world had to offer. She had left in the early dawn and now cooling evening she was exhausted. The area seemed safe enough, and she did so gladly. It only took her a moment to find a patch of clover that the chill of the changing seasons had yet to take hold of. Her belly rumbled at the sight of such a meal and she greedily began eating. As she grazed, she started thinking of why she was even here in this strange place.

'Sweet Grass, do you remember what I told you of your heritage?' Her mother had brought it up a week ago. It seemed like years now that she was so far away from her mother. 'We come from a long line of mares, who lived in this little grove all their lives. You, my sweet, are the next in line. Your time had come.' Sweet Grass swished her tail anxiously. She had an important responsibility on her shoulders now. Her mother had said it would take time. Years even, but it had to be done. Then again, she really had no idea what she was looking for. Sweet Grass snorted and ripped up another mouthful of clover.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Just throw it back, for one more night
    On a starlit and moon-struck night.

The Falls was a delightful place; a myriad of colourful wildflowers crawling the vast trunks of towering trees, the rolling green plains as viridian as spring's first fallen rain. It was a flourished land, beautiful, serene. And very much had become home to me. I owed a lot to Shatter Me, to the Falls and the few residents there. I suppose that was why I headed to the field, in search of equally lost souls as I had once been. Offering them a home, a beautiful place to rest your head at night and wander the colossal woods, finding many hidden gems.

I'd spent a little too long doing that, one could simply see the evidence strewn in my mane. Clumps of leaves, tethered bit of bark and the occasional flower that had become knotted in my mass of red mane. I left them there, as always, it was somewhat becoming. Perhaps. I was after all a tentative wallflower, a weed amongst the beautiful bed of roses. I had to be noticed, somehow. A noticeable that silver lady certainly was in the distance.

I clocked her as soon as I enter the field. I watched, gathering myself, assuring myself that I wouldn't trip, I wouldn't allow my lips to part and a multitude of nonsense slip out. I kept my mouth tightly shut, watching with acute green eyes as I placed each feathered hoof down, one after the other. I did this until I met the mare. I gave a low greeting, a husky whicker. My roman nose dipped when I was but a few paced away, fluffy crimson ears turning to perk forward.

A smile twisting my lips. 'Hello. I'm Eld of the Falls, a beautiful little slice of paradise.' I say, words lingering on my lips for a brief moment before my mind turned, try not to overdo it, try not to overdo it. 'Have you travelled far? Because you know, those here often have, or are simply revisiting an old home or... Ah. It's a beautiful day!' isn't it? Awkward. I shake my head a touch, flower mixed mane falling across my thickset neck. 'A nice day to enter a new world, right?'

The ground did fold and eat us both
    But all my love, I did devote.

- resident of the falls -