• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm feeling curious again
    I did this awhile ago, but obviously things and times change.  We have some new and returned players so I'm starting to feel  nosy again.

Basically what I want to know is, what gives you motivation to write your characters?  

I super enjoyed reading everyone's inspirations and influences last time, so I thought I'd ask again!

For example:

Breckin:  I just take everything out on her.  All of my sads and angst, she bears the brunt of it.

Jackel:  All of my frustration and anger.

Finnus:  He is my sarcasm and laziness.

Catcher:  She is all of my good feelings and hope.....for now.

Last time I did this, most of my characters were influenced somehow by the music I listened to.  And while I still listen to music when I write, it's usually a wide variation now.  Somewhere along the lines, my ponies writing mojo shifted from outside influences to my own personal emotions.  Kinda intersting how things change isn't it?

Anyways, if you're feeling it, share with me what inspires you!
    I can do at least a few of mine!

I guess these are the thoughts/feelings/personal issues that go into these few characters...

Kensa: A lot of me has gone into her but there are a handful of specific things that underlie her character. I am highly sensitive so a lot of that goes in, a positive spin on something that often makes me miserable. Kensa's view of the world is a intense as mine except I pulled out all of the anxiety smashed in too much confidence instead. She doesn't get overwhelmed by people or sounds or smells. I can write her almost all the time. 

Tunnel: If I am pissed he comes out, but this also makes him hard to write when I'm not agitated.

Morgayne: My weirdness, this feeling of being unable to connect with others even when I really want to. Morg has a tough time with relationships, she's just stumbling around in the dark like I usually feel like I am. Whats great is that she is liked anyway, even though she is weird and rude.

Ausra: Wonder, or whatever you want to call that feeling you get when you think about how big the universe is, try to imagine a multiverse, etc etc. 

Obviously I have a lot more but /shrug/
    I'm kinda weird because I don't really put a lot of me, personally, into my characters, and I don't need to be in any particular frame of mind to write them. I can be really happy and write Starsin being a total douche to someone lmao

But I guess if I had to really break it down:

Starsin is all my sarcasm, and my mean streak (hers is obviously a lot meaner than mine). Oh and my jealousy because she's awful. Pretty much I took everything bad about me and put it into her. I for some reason ended up emotionally attached to her and it's stupid.

Ryatah is, I guess, where all my angst goes, and I suppose she's my literal punching bag and she makes it incredibly easy, since she likes pain or whatever (which I 100% do not, so, she doesn't get that literally from me lmao). She is the hardest for me to remember I need to actually explain her thoughts & feelings when I write her because I've played her for so long it feels like I'm trying to write an imitation of a real person and I feel like I'm going to get it wrong? If that makes any sense. She is my favorite and also the hardest to hurt my feelings over. I literally at this point don't care if anyone else likes her.

Plumeria is the part of me that can be way too forgiving. Even though I can be a jealous bitch, she is actually really easy to play because she's the complete opposite. thank god otherwise her relationship with J would give me an ulcer.

I obviously play a lot of characters, but those 3 are my favorites.
    Ryatah & her 800 relatives, plus Briseis
    i never intend to write myself into my characters, but i definitely do. i think i put very important/life-changing pieces of myself/my life into some characters and that is what makes me able to write their emotions so viscerally. lately i've also really been drawing from music. i forgot how inspiring fitting lyrics can be!!!!

litotes: i think lie plays the martyr sometimes and that's definitely a piece of myself i've had to look at ever since i developed it as a coping mechanism. writing him like that actually helps me face the pieces of myself i need to change. he's definitely as cutting as me when i'm hurt. he's mostly sad, though, and so am i - and boy am i good at writing a sad character.

brunhilde: she definitely has my disdain from men (maybe thats some unaddressed trauma on my end lmfao). writing trauma and anger from her is extremely cathartic, because i think my feelings regarding those two things i take out on her. but she also has this redeemable kindness about her that i find really refreshing to write. i don't know if i have that lmfao but that sweet piece of her makes her easy to write.

draco: i havent written him much but so far we clicked immediately, i think because every cruel thing i know i should not/will not say i get to say with him lmfao...............

jude: i really miss writing her :/ she has that seething, take what i want from these idiots attitude that i love. she has always been hard to write because she is almost the exact opposite of me, but i think she is actually the most satisfying to write. her inspiration i mostly get from songs. i used to have a perfectly curated playlist for her until apple music decided to delete everything on my itunes >.>
    margot / daedalus / hysperia / frey