• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Fly Away Little Bird

She did not think herself spoiled, but what youngling would think such a thing of themselves. Preferring to look on the privilege of her life as an abundance of good fortune, she did not waste much thought on those who were not as fortunate as she. Blessed with a gentle and soft-spoken mother and a hard working, protective father, Demetyr had, seemingly, no reason to want to leave. There were many who might even think her foolish for having thrown away a good thing. But she was nothing, if not, for a willful creature whenever inspiration struck. Her parents knew the truth of that well given the many tantrums they'd alleviated with gifts. Spoiled though she might have been, she was not cruel or unkind.

Demetyr was gifted with a love of generosity and a desire to see people made happy. One of her most favorite past times was singing for the multiple herds that would cross through their land. Her voice was angelic, a sound of the purest melody capable of bringing even the most stone faced brigands to emotion. The tales she spun with the sweet lilting of her vocal chords, it was a sound as welcome as a springtime wind after a difficult winter. So, it came naturally to her that she would hum as she strolled through the paths already cut through the snow.

It was not a particularly loud sound, the vibration of her throat nearly numb to her as she continued merrily on her way. Had she been paying more attention, however, she would have noticed that the birds had ceased all sound and every creature held its breath - straining to steal a listen. Demetyr delighted in the attention her gift brought.

Consumed by her travel she lifted her head and paused, taking in the sights surrounding her. For miles there seemed to be naught but a land blanketed by snow, the field stretching even beyond her own abilities to see. Just below the rise of her feet she spotted and frosted lake, with not much more to discern from the rest of the land but the slightest of glistening. There, naught but a short distance from its bank, a golden hued horse stood. A web of excitement spun within her.

Though she had seen a few others from afar, they had all seemed preoccupied with each other. Not wishing to be viewed as petulant, she had opted to allow them to keep their privacy. Thinking it best that they be left to their conversations. This stallion, unlike the others, was alone. Perhaps he was the one meant to guide her towards some semblance of civilization.

Without a single worry, she set down the hill towards him - her pace quick and laced with purpose. Timidity had never been an attribute of hers, and she seemingly flew towards the chance to socialize. Careful to ensure her approach would be percieved, she halted an acceptable length behind him and cleared her throat.

"Excuse me," she began with tones that hardly seemed possible in that mortal world. "I do not mean to intrude upon you, but I was wondering if you could offer me some guidance? I am new here, I'm afraid, and im not exactly sure where I should go..."

link

@[Aten] 

Messages In This Thread
    Fly Away Little Bird - by Demetyr - 09-06-2019, 02:10 PM
    RE: Fly Away Little Bird - by Aten - 09-06-2019, 07:47 PM
    RE: Fly Away Little Bird - by Demetyr - 09-06-2019, 10:09 PM
    RE: Fly Away Little Bird - by Aten - 09-09-2019, 02:51 PM
    RE: Fly Away Little Bird - by Demetyr - 09-20-2019, 02:58 PM