• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Somewhere Only We Know
    I just want to let you know: my mind refuses to let you go
    I want to hypnotize you so you will remember me
    They’re upset - fear him only just a little, telling themselves that their initial scare is unjustified, for isn’t he only just an older man telling them they’re young, innocent and naive? Isn’t he only attacking them with words instead of tooth and nail? Lashing out like he always did - a trait he never got rid of.

What they do not know is that he’s not the same as he was before, however. Not that they knew him - only if the boy now was sent running to his mother, he might find out - and it’s likely they will never know. They only know his present appearance - the appearance the fairies denied him the ability to alter; a half-dragon, armed and capable of ridding them of a limb or two if they weren’t careful.

The newcomer may not even know about the magic of the lands yet; if Leilan’s appearance isn’t evidence enough, that is. The boy may or may not have a trait or two to defend himself with; maybe they’ll find out soon. Oh, wouldn’t that be fun? Perhaps so far his life had been something he experienced rather than lived… now seemed like as good a time as any to make a change. Boredom was something he always had wanted to avoid… but perhaps that was because he had never dared to take the actions he needed.

He remembers the icy blue roan girl not too far away, and glances in her direction only temporarily. She’s a great example of his decisions to take what he wants, he thinks - and a good inspiration to continue on that path. What does he want of the two youngsters before him? Perhaps teach them a lesson about life? Or maybe he’ll let them find out on their own.

Debating both their reactions, the girl positive yet hesitating, the boy more on the edge of hostility, the silver-and-gold maned bay roan estimates their reactions to the possibilities he could seize right now. Deciding on picking on the latter, the scaled stallion offers a pointy-toothed smile to the girl. Not meant to be menacing, not meant to be easing either. ”He’s right. Though I personally don’t think you should want to live your life in exactly the same way as you did before. Winter cold is something you can get used to easily,” he tells her. Then he turns to the younger male, ”Although some apparently prefer to live their lives sheltered and tucked away, I guess.” It’s easy to detect the Taigan scent on the young male, as Hyaline’s and Nerine’s neighbours he’d always been able to detect those. Especially since the young girl had already dared cross the mountain kingdom’s northern border.

His gaze lingers on the young man’s face, as if contemplating something - but it has naught to do with telling him his name or not. ”Or did your mother tell you something different when she sent you to the north?” he dares guess. Certainly this is a child or nephew of sorts of Mary’s - but Arthas’ daughter doesn’t live in Taiga, nor would anyone go looking for her there. This boy was hidden with a reason, no doubt. Perhaps the dragon-male should exploit it - but he rather more enjoys manipulating the young man’s feelings and make him doubt life, than actually meddling in politics; so he chooses to make both youngsters doubt about their life choices and love-affairs-to-be.

Emotions, after all, are so easily used for the worse.

When your fears are cast aside, will you remember me?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Demetyr] @[Aries]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Somewhere Only We Know - by Demetyr - 09-08-2019, 01:24 PM
    RE: Somewhere Only We Know - by Aries - 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM
    RE: Somewhere Only We Know - by Leilan - 09-09-2019, 10:36 AM
    RE: Somewhere Only We Know - by Demetyr - 09-09-2019, 11:40 AM
    RE: Somewhere Only We Know - by Aries - 09-09-2019, 11:54 AM
    RE: Somewhere Only We Know - by Leilan - 09-10-2019, 07:37 AM
    RE: Somewhere Only We Know - by Demetyr - 09-22-2019, 10:56 AM
    RE: Somewhere Only We Know - by Aries - 09-23-2019, 09:21 AM
    RE: Somewhere Only We Know - by Leilan - 10-21-2019, 06:40 AM