• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It's Time // Castile
    He groaned and dug a hoof into the dirt. A mirthless smile stretched his lips. This was just his day to say the wrong things. At the warning in his father's voice, the younger stallion's ears tipped backward, but he held fast. He'd overstepped. 

"Old habits die hard, I guess." He admitted. It wasn't quite an apology, but as close as he was getting currently. There was so much going on, and the rebellious teenager he'd been last time he'd seen his sire still colored his thoughts. 

He'd wanted his family to be a place of safety and comfort. It was as much as any child asked. But his mother had been a prickly and eventually unstable presence in their lives. On the flipside, what little time he'd spent with Castile had been riddled with tension. For the longest time, his one reliable companion had been his twin. They had always been able to trust each other, until recently. Now, even that relationship was in shambles. 

Finally meeting the elders' equally mismatched gaze, he let the truth be known. "I don't know if you remember Venus? You met briefly, same day you met me." He paused, but it was too late to quit now. "Anyway. History repeats itself. I just found out that I have two now-grown children by her." His eyes darkened, still feeling the turmoil of that discovery. It had shaken him to his core. 

"You say we are not mistakes. But that's what it feels like I've made. Maybe not that they exist, but that I've neglected them so long. I'm not certain that Venus is willing for me to meet them, and even if she is-" he swallowed dryly. "-even if she is, you and I know well enough that there's little chance for them to want anything to do with me." 

His entire body quivered. As hot as he was, he couldn't feel it. "I've misjudged you, I think. I... I apologize, for that." He breathed, hardly louder than whispering. It was as hard a thing as he'd admitted all day, and there seemed to be plenty of contenders for that designation. 

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    It's Time // Castile - by Santana - 09-12-2019, 06:24 AM
    RE: It's Time // Castile - by Castile - 09-12-2019, 08:24 AM
    RE: It's Time // Castile - by Santana - 09-12-2019, 10:00 AM
    RE: It's Time // Castile - by Castile - 10-03-2019, 07:03 PM