• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i said i'm sorry mama for my vices; leli/any

I've never loved a darker blue than the darkness I have known in you

Leliana knows all about what it means to love a sister. She knows all about what it is to find comfort when you see someone with the same patterns and rhythms; when you feel that familiar thunder and know that it is the pulse of a loved one. She, of course, has no idea that is what he feels now (she, like him, finds it intrusive to read someone’s thoughts simply because you could) and instead is content to simply share the space with him, casually plucking at a vine that never seems to empty, the sea breeze cool.

“Death once seemed inevitable,” she muses, a flower blooming more full behind one ear. “Growing up, it was not terrifying, but it was certainly looming. It is strange to think I may never know it.” She had not been entirely without gifts throughout her life, with her wings and her gift of healing, but she had never known immortality or anything of the like. Now, she nows it is hers so long as she wants it.

Her smile blooms like the flower. “I was even able to thwart death for my husband and daughter,” her face growing slightly more somber. “Although all things have a price. I am sure it will come eventually.”

Just not today.

Not for now.

“I have recovered just fine. It has taken time, but I finally feel as though perhaps I control my magic instead of it controlling me.” She rolls a shoulder in thought. “Or perhaps it is a partnership.” A sweet laugh, like silver bells. “Either way, it is more peaceful now than when I first came across it.”

There is a stretch of silence that winds between them—not tense, simply there.

“Do you know where you will go, now that you’ve woken?”

like fire weeping from a cedar tree, know that my love would burn with me

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i said i'm sorry mama for my vices; leli/any - by leliana - 09-19-2019, 09:41 PM