• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  stagnant.

The blue-feathered mare does, of course, make a point – and it is something that this sandy coloured mare has considered. Every time she thinks about it, however, it feels like she’s taking the coward’s way out. Like that life wasn’t actually hers she was just pretending.

She tries to find the words to explain how she both wants to disappear back into the life of a cougar, and doesn’t. “I think I was hiding from something in that shape. And I do not want to anymore.” Obviously, she has no idea what she was hiding from – no idea if it would be smarter to continue hiding. That is, of course, a decision that can be made if she ever gets her memories back. So she offers something else, hoping she can make some sense. “And... what if I have a family like this? And they have been waiting for me.”

The idea that her memories could be locked in that shape is intriguing, however. It did take her a long time to shake the impulses to stalk, to seclude herself in mountains, to eat the flesh of herbivores. Which, although it’s been a couple years, she’s not sure how quickly she would snap back into those habits. Which is a thought that this other mare seems to have had as well.

There's a ghost of a smile in her eyes, though it is a little sad. “I didn’t… think when I was a cougar. I’m not sure I would know you. Or understand you.” If she concentrated, maybe, but last time… maybe that’s why she had been lost. Because she had given up herself until she was just a cougar.

Aka - I'm not sure I would not try to eat you.

So an idea comes to her. A small idea, and not exactly original, but it could work. “Maybe something with… duller teeth to start.” She tilts her head, in much the same fashion that the mare before her had a few moments ago, and closes her eyes. She is quiet for a long moment and then with a flash – she becomes a kingfisher.

v a s t r a

artwork by space1993

@[Heloise]

Messages In This Thread
    stagnant. - by Vastra - 09-22-2019, 10:29 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-15-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-25-2019, 10:03 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-25-2019, 11:02 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-26-2019, 09:23 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-26-2019, 10:44 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-26-2019, 02:21 PM