• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any
    His smile is broad and toothy, very toothy. But the more she looks, the more comfortable she becomes with it. After all, how different was this beast's smile from her own father's? Hod had his own set of pointed predator teeth, capable of harsh damage even if they were fitted into his kindly face. It was perhaps the same with this one. She exhaled sharply, determined to give him a chance. 

Her own tail swept about in subconscious mimicry of the dragon's motion, the tips of her golden caudul fin swishing through the sand in lazy patterns. His next statement made her blink in curious surprise before a smile of her own softened the caution from her face. "Yeah, I am actually. Good guess!" She beamed up at him. 

Quickly, her hesitation was melting away, too easily. Really, she needed to learn how to hold back when surrounded by unknowns, it was a habit bound to bring her sorrow some day. Hopefully this was not that day. It would be an awful mar on such a beautiful afternoon. 

As she grew bolder though, the blue scaled creature seemed to do the opposite. His voice was as soft as the lapping of waves, and he looked at her as though he expected her to grow a second head any moment now. Ah, well, it couldn't be a bad thing for him to believe her capable of protecting herself. She was, after all, even if aggression wasn't a primary force in her nature. 

The little sea mare giggled lightly as the dragon introduced himself, thinking that surely she'd misheard him. "Terin, really? I happen to love that name. It suits you, I think." She squinted at him, head tilting from side to side as another thought struck her. "Are you always a dragon? I thought they all lived in the west. And they aren't always dragons, they have horse shapes too." 

She stepped slowly closer, nose prodding toward the scaled skin that covered this new Terin. It was at once similar and separate from her own glittering covering. Her scales were rounded, smooth and pearl bright. His looked sharp and held a deeper color than her own. Almost like sharkskin. She felt that she would slice herself if she brushed against him the wrong way. 

@[Terin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any - by Aquaria - 10-03-2019, 07:54 PM