• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Is anybody out there?
    Noma
    There’s a lot of things around the Pampas – a lot of flowers, of course, the way Mama likes them but other plants and animals, too; but amongst all of the plants and animals and flowers and rocks, Noma’s favorite are the bees. Her favorite activity is to follow them around, keeping careful watch as they putter about and help pollinate the flowers, sometimes coming away so full of nectar that they seem drunk, moving in dizzyingly strange shapes. Other times they zip from plant to plant, seemingly eager to complete their daily mission.

In a way, she’s jealous of how they always get to go home to their hive, to their many friends, never alone. She envies them their simple daily task, the way they have no complicated choices (she already can feel the weight of choices pressing down on her). The little chestnut is perhaps most jealous of their wings – Mama, too, has wings. She walks and runs and plays with Noma, but sometimes when she has other things to do Noma has to watch her fly away and she can’t join her in the sky.

But in the Playground (and, sometimes, listening in on other adult’s conversations), she had learned that sometimes, the Faeries grant wishes, up near the top of the Mountain. So though Mama had left her at home, intending for her to stay there, the filly had snuck away to try to climb to the top of the mountain. She’s momentarily daunted by the sight of the path that winds steeply up into the clouds, but plants her feet and takes a deep breath, steeling herself against the journey. She must be brave, like her mother, but also determined, like her bee friends who go about daily task on their seemingly insufficient wings.

It takes forever to climb up the path, and she stops for several naps. The sun has started to sink below the far horizon, and Noma feels a little guilty, supposing Mama is probably home now and looking for her. Not guilty enough to turn around – she’s come too far! And finally the girl reaches the end of the path, and looks around, wide-eyed, and wonders where the faeries live. “Um, hello? I’d like to make a wish,” she says out loud. “Is that how this works? I want to be more like my Mama, and the bees.”
    daughter of Noah
    devin's∇designs, inspired by Kyra; image lineart by chronically @ DA

@[Officials] <3 Questing for Bee Mimicry. And I gave one of her self-healings into the fall raffle, so I should be ok on spaces.
    Noma has rolled a 5 and will not receive a quest. You can try again in one RL month.
    Please tag in replies