• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising
    Lepis is the caretaker Elio has known, not this mildly stranger facing her off. The colt is wary, and he is certainly right to be, but he wants to accept Wolfbane. He wants to accept him so badly that it clenches his chest and darkens his eyes—he feels a shift in his child’s heart, the first of many that will mold him into the man he is to become.

Father.

Elio peers up at Bane with wonder in his eyes. While he thought that this might be his dad, he could not be certain in the face of the tension between the pair. Lepis says his name, and he can feel all the mythical awe that surrounded this man dissipate. It sucks the air right out of his lungs, the way his father is suddenly just a man. The wonder of before fades into the churning gray of uncertainty: Elio’s eyes now twist like the clouds before a thunderstorm.

“Thank you,” he murmurs, almost half-heartedly. His chest swells with pride at his father’s compliment, but the sensation hardly turns his face into something softer. He only stares with some strange intensity before sidestepping away from his mother and peering at her curiously. 

Elio is unaware that his confliction is apparent to his parents in waves—having not felt emotion as strong as this, he has no idea that he projects just as his mom does. He cocks his head to the side and senses his magic as it vibrates in his chest. He thinks it some indigestion, or perhaps a side effect of his anxiety, and brushes it off with another glance at Wolfbane when he draws closer to Lepis. The colt’s stomach churns painfully, but he says nothing.

That same pride ripples through Elio when Bane’s attention returns to him. He almost beams, mouth curling into the smallest of smiles. He feels like he should not take kindly to his father’s sudden arrival, but that call of his blood is hard to resist.

“Yes, she is like the sun,” he concedes, dropping his eyes to the fog and dirt as he kicks at the ground. “I was just with Celina,” Elio interjects when Wolfbane continues, feeling oddly protective. “She’s fine.”

@[Wolfbane] @[Lepis] i am imagining he is projecting his emotions all over the place like a lil dumb baby
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 10-02-2019, 04:03 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Wolfbane - 10-10-2019, 01:11 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Lepis - 10-10-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Wolfbane - 10-10-2019, 03:32 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by elio - 10-10-2019, 05:42 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Lepis - 10-11-2019, 01:12 AM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by Wolfbane - 10-12-2019, 07:46 PM
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; any - by elio - 10-14-2019, 10:56 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 10-15-2019, 01:35 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Wolfbane - 10-15-2019, 11:08 PM