• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I feel a bad moon rising; lilli & diplomats
    Lepis listens with a single ear as Celina answers Lilliana's query, hearing her daughter tell the chestnut mare that the fireflies would wait for her above the water. Though the dun mare's attention remains on the jungle and the beach, a faint smile does pull her navy lips at the surety in Celina's voice. Lepis has never been quite sure where the fireflies had come from, but she has come to suspect the origin of her daughter's scales and sharp teeth.

She should have let them serve as a reminder, Lepis scolds herself at the sound of hooves behind her: not all equines call the land their home.

A pale mare emerges from the water, finned and clearly aquatic, and Lepis turns to face her. Celina has already done so, far too excited to try and hide her surprise. She takes in the mare - Aquaria - with much the same interest that Lepis does, though she refrains from speaking, instead glancing back at her mother with eye as green as the sea around them.

"I'm Lepis, Comtesse of Taiga" The dun mare says, adjusting her wings so that some of the cool breeze might penetrate the thick feathers. Though it is summer in Taiga as well, the humidity in the air here makes a significant difference in the climate, as does the sun - unfiltered through a thick canopy of evergreen branches. "This is my daughter, Celina, and..."

She trails off at the arrival of a second mare, this one as brightly colored as a violet. Eva, she says her name is, and clearly well-acquainted with their first greeter. Lepis repeats her introductions from a moment earlier, pausing to allow for the other Taigan to introduce herself as well.

"We've come from Taiga, to see how Ischia fares and to see if we might form a friendship between our two lands." She does not delve farther, not yet, and instead answers the question that both mares had asked. She does mean to say something more, but the words are cut off by an interruption from Celina, who has been staring more and more intently at Eva as the conversation continued.

"You're Ayoh's mom, aren't ya?" She says, and despite the question in her voice she also sounds quite sure of herself. Shortening the name of the boy she had met at the playground comes naturally, as does he suspicion that maybe he is here, and perhaps willing to play. "Is he hiding somewhere? Can I find him?"

Lepis blinks, but it is too late for her to reign in her second-youngest with any of her non-verbal methods, and she can only hope that Eva is not too bothered.

@[lilliana]
    @[Aquaria]
    @[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; lilli & diplomats - by Lepis - 10-04-2019, 08:53 PM