• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I feel a bad moon rising; lilli & diplomats
    Before much anything else can occur, the little group is joined the Aquaria's contemporary, Eva. The sea foam pale mare nodded lightly in the violet mare's direction in response to her greeting before returning her attention to the trio of visitors. The blue and white filly had been dancing along the edge of the water near where Aquaria herself had emerged, but now stood more calmly by her dam's side. 

The third newcomer, Lilliana, seemed more observer than diplomat, but Aquaria was pleased to see her all the same. The opportunity to make new friends was never one to be lost on her if she could help it, and Lilliana seemed as sweet a mare as you could hope to find. 

Smiling with ethereal serenity, the pearl mare bowed her head to each guest in turn, beginning with the blue and dun lady and making her way to the young Celina. "It's wonderful to have your presence on our little isle, Comtesse. And Celina and Lilliana, I hope you all get the chance to take in the sights on your visit!" 

She bobbed her head toward the verdant jungle that lay framed by white beach beyond them. The depth of green was almost enough to hurt the eyes, and it hid any number of beautiful pools and waterfalls, flowering clearings and hidden sea coves. One could wander for an age and still find new treasures in the heart of the island. 

Tilting her head thoughtfully, she glanced at Eva a moment before favoring a safe answer to the Comtesse's treaty. "Friendship is of course always a thing to treasure. I stand by my sister's ideal, that Ischia serves the world best as a place of refuge and respite for those worn down by the world, and we gladly welcome those who seek it." She finished her thought in her sultry tone, and paused to see if Eva had anything to add. 

This was a herdland, she knew, separate from the politics of the world at large. That was how she liked it. In her mind, Ischia was beautiful because it held such a deep sense of peace, from the sandy sunlit shores, to the humid depths of her jungle heart. Every inch of the land brought a lightness to her heart, and she dreaded the day when something might take that peace away. 

As a creature of the sea, she knew change, and knew it's place in the way of things. But change was seldom unique. In the way the tide changed in its daily and yearly cycles, in the way creatures migrated to and from their birthing and feeding waters, in the way storms would roll back and forth over the endless waves. Change was inevitable in that it brought the same results back round time and again. She could only hope that would be the way of things with her beloved island. 

@[Lepis] @[lilliana] @[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; lilli & diplomats - by Aquaria - 10-05-2019, 07:31 PM