• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; any
    An old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

”You’re dragon blood,” Cyprin is not at all far from where Dracarys alights. Her voice is silky with the matter-of-fact tone woven in each syllable. She inches closer, her own dragon eyes shifting in color to a curious gold. The sheen of her coat grabs the sunlight and ripples as she moves placidly toward the girl. Loess lingers on her skin, so she isn’t entirely an outsider. There is still the meadow or the forest mingling there as well, but Cyprin’s scent is of little difference. It remains Loess with faint traces of lands beyond the kingdom’s reach where she attempted to roam and explore away from her mother’s watchful eyes.

Nothing has held her interest enough to keep her from home, unlike the girl in front of her. A touch of something else claws at her nostrils and washes a look of fascination across her pretty face. ”What was the Mountain like?” It looms above them all, foreboding with its snowy peak and rolling clouds. Often, she has wondered what untold secrets are harbored, but she has not yet made an attempt to visit. One day, she tells herself.

Glancing briefly to the distant summit, she tries to imagine a place much different from the foothills of Loess. Her mind unravels with ideas that compliment anything that the dragon girl says before leveling on her once more. A soft gale tousles her locks and frames her head. ”I forgot my manners,” she comments with an airy laughter that is as weightless at the clouds above, ”My name is Cyprin. What’s yours?” With an inquisitive tilt of her head, she tries to scrutinize and determine whether there is a relation binding their blood, but seeing as Cyprin has never met her sibling’s first-born children, she cannot quite determine a root for familiarity. The humility of not knowing bangs across her thoughts, quickening her heart as she tries to reel through catalogued names she has heard throughout Loess.

Unfortunately, many of the names lack corresponding faces.

Pushing through her muted embarrassment, she calmly asks, ”How long have you lived in Loess?” And then, with a flicker of her attention to admire the draconic wings, she adds, ”Beautiful, might I add.”

Cyprin
    lior and nayl

picture by Jiamin Zhu on pinterest

@[Dracarys]

Messages In This Thread
    I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 10-04-2019, 01:26 PM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Cyprin - 10-10-2019, 09:05 AM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 10-11-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Cyprin - 11-05-2019, 03:57 PM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 11-09-2019, 01:19 PM