• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  come into the water
    V u l g a r i S
    Vulgaris wasn’t aware it was bring your child to work day here in Loess, but he fits right in with Meraki coiling a thin vine around a lock of his shaggy mane. Her steps are small and skittering to keep up with his long, practiced strides but she doesn’t complain of being tired. Her wide green eyes are too busy taking in the rocky hills and strange plants of Loess for her brain to even notice how long their journey is. The serpent king spots Litotes up ahead, with a scaled boy curled to his shoulder. There is something familiar about the child, but it doesn’t quite register for now. He doesn’t have any kind of sense for their relation but perhaps one of the others may notice the same curve to their jaws or the way they show their teeth with certain expressions.

Castile approaches before Vulgaris can catch up to the Archon but they seem to have only exchanged a few pleasantries when he comes to stop beside Litotes. He briefly wonders where Dawn is, but he supposes she doesn’t have a taste for affairs as serious as these. Neither does Leliana, he thinks, and he wishes he could excuse himself from the meeting as well. Meraki edges closer to the dragon boy and prods curiously at his horns with another thin vine sprouting from her mane. She presses tight to her father when the child turns, smiling with sharp, crooked little teeth as he stares without seeing.

That was rude, Meraki.. Apologize,” he instructs before turning back to the Loessian king. His daughter gives a soft snort and turns up her nose quickly rather than admitting her wrongdoing. The third child, Cyprin, is quiet as she is introduced.

A pleasure to meet you, Cyprin. Leliana is having a day of rest, so I’ve brought our youngest with me,” he explains, gesturing at the flower-child at his side. She beams proudly, wings puffing up while the flowers in her hair bloom a little bigger. “This is Meraki, and she’s very happy to meet you all.

Vulgaris looks back over his shoulder, searching the borders for Heartfire while he waits patiently for her arrival or for Litotes to begin explaining the reason for their visit.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me

Messages In This Thread
    come into the water - by litotes - 10-09-2019, 02:15 PM
    RE: come into the water - by ghaul - 10-11-2019, 12:15 PM
    RE: come into the water - by Castile - 10-14-2019, 01:48 PM
    RE: come into the water - by vulgaris - 10-14-2019, 08:25 PM
    RE: come into the water - by Heartfire - 10-15-2019, 04:16 PM
    RE: come into the water - by litotes - 10-17-2019, 12:08 PM
    RE: come into the water - by Castile - 10-18-2019, 10:03 AM
    RE: come into the water - by vulgaris - 10-18-2019, 12:09 PM
    RE: come into the water - by Heartfire - 10-21-2019, 01:07 PM
    RE: come into the water - by Castile - 10-21-2019, 02:20 PM