• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  come into the water

She's got the devil's eyes

Truthfully, she had not expected this meeting to end in anything less than shambles. For a moment, she frowns, trying to recall what had been the impetus driving her here. After all, her initial plans had not included confronting Castile, only Lepis. But as memories of her conversation with the mare filter back through her brain, the recollection of a seemingly benign suggestion, a chill disquiet settles in her gut and raises proverbial hackles.

But that is not something to delve too deeply into in this particular moment. No, her focus needed to be on Castile and his growled, blustering accusations.

Were she a less composed woman, she might have rolled her eyes. Fortunately for all, she is not, and instead continues to stare impassively at Castile, her only reaction a faint kick at the corner of her lips. “I should be the one who is flattered Castile,” she replies mildly, icy blue stare boring into him, “that you actually believe this entourage is for me.”

While it’s clear he had unilaterally decided she were the one who had coordinated this meeting, she does little else to correct that misassumption. If he wanted to make her the villain of this scenario, it could only reflect poorly on his abilities to reason and discern truth than anything she had done.

Her gaze slips to Vulgaris when he begins to speak, his words flat and merciless as he makes his accusations. While she appreciates the sentiment and quietly enjoys the deliverance, she does have to admit it had likely come across more harshly than she might have liked. She’d never been terribly good at damage control, as it were.

She shifts abruptly, tail snapping hard, directly at Vulgaris as she cuts him a sharp glance before returning her attention to Castile. “As Vulgaris has said, I was given no reasonable explanation as to why I should be expected to do so. Lepis is, ultimately, little more than a child with delusions of grandeur.” She pauses briefly, before forging ahead, doing her limited best to quell any explosion that might be forthcoming. “She made it quite clear to me she has your support Castile.”

She steps forward, gaze catching his, unforgiving in its icy blue stare. Her voice when she makes her offer is hard and resolute, indicating little willingness to entertain negotiation. “In any case, no one need beg, so long as you assure us, here and now, that you do not support Lepis in her ill-fated scheming.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

@[Castile] @[vulgaris]

Messages In This Thread
    come into the water - by litotes - 10-09-2019, 02:15 PM
    RE: come into the water - by ghaul - 10-11-2019, 12:15 PM
    RE: come into the water - by Castile - 10-14-2019, 01:48 PM
    RE: come into the water - by vulgaris - 10-14-2019, 08:25 PM
    RE: come into the water - by Heartfire - 10-15-2019, 04:16 PM
    RE: come into the water - by litotes - 10-17-2019, 12:08 PM
    RE: come into the water - by Castile - 10-18-2019, 10:03 AM
    RE: come into the water - by vulgaris - 10-18-2019, 12:09 PM