• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // ratty pony
    Every motion the younger horse makes is quick and decisive. She steps as lightly as a fawn, with far more exuberance than Aquaria had ever seen in another horse. A bubble of laughter escaped her lips as the girl's question. "I guess I am," she admitted ruefully. "It's not every day I see a horse fall out of the sky." Well. Technically that was true, although it was surprisingly not the first time. 

But that didn't seem to satisfy the peppy creature. The pale mare held still as the girl mouthed her mane experimentally. Pressure tugged along her crest, but she didn't feel much else beside that. It didn't seem like any marks had been left in the tough membrane anyway. And then the splashing started. 

Before Aquaria had time to protest, she find herself in the midst of the splash zone. It didn't feel bad, getting rehydrated. But it wasn't as critical a thing as it seemed to be interpreted as. She blinked the excess moisture from her eyes, sneezing once when the water hit the back of her throat. "Hey, uh, thanks... But I'm fine, I promise. I'm only a little bit fish. Enough horse to survive on land, really truly." 

A longer bout of laughter left her when the girl shook herself out, adding an extra layer of mist to her already drenched scales. And then need seemed to take over want as she dropped her face to the water. Aquaria watched curiously as the girl swallowed mouthful after mouthful of cold water, seemingly insatiable. The fin mare quirked a smile, imagining the girl filling up from her hooves all the way up to her ears. Maybe then she'd be satisfied. 

But it took less time than that before the girl lifted her head to inhale. And then put her dripping muzzle right against Aquaria's. Now she really was confused, wet droplets clinging to both of their skins. And then they were back to riddles. 

A hum of uncertain noise left the mare as she tried to decide what to say. "Well. I've got no riddles, as I said before. I'm sorry you've had such a time with them lately. But if you don't mind my asking, who are you?" She blew her own hot breath over the girl's now water-cooled skin. 

@[Popinjay]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // ratty pony - by Aquaria - 11-01-2019, 07:24 PM