• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think that i would die for this revelation; Ghaul
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    His small ears turn forward to catch the sound of Darkling’s laughter. The sound is unkind and that amorphous anger bubbles up in his chest, untrained and unrefined as of yet. Why does his friend laugh when he has said nothing funny? He grows self-conscious and he considers breathing fire across his brother’s face. But his flames are still small and hardly more than an intimidation tactic for the time being. He is easily dodged and extinguished at this age.

His new friend even tries to resist further investigation that may illuminate some secret about him, but Ghaul has decided to tolerate it for now. There is promise in this bond and he intends to nurture that little seed of fate between them. Play a game, Darkling demands, and the blind child chitters quietly to himself in thought as his wings shuffle uneasily against his back. But if he participates, maybe Darkling will stop resisting this friendship? A dilemma, to be sure.

What kind of game?” he finally replies, talons clicking nervously against the stone and dirt beneath him. He remains blissfully unaware of the little shadow drake mimicking him. Still, his tail flicks from side to side. “Everyone else wanted to be friends.

He pouts, though it’s to be expected at his young age. Only Greta had acted in any sort of way that displeased him but she quickly settled and became as enjoyable as most. It boggles his mind that Darkling isn’t equally eager to simply comply with Ghaul’s wishes the moment he demands it. Perhaps this friendship will be that much more valuable to him, then? He remains hopeful of this but he does not speak on it. Instead, he simply continues observing Darkling for a while longer.

@[Darkling]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think that i would die for this revelation; Ghaul - by ghaul - 01-20-2020, 07:24 PM