• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Neverwhere)
    So Grandmother had asked, then. Or - as Eyas takes a moment to consider what she knows about Heartfire and what she’s seen during their single interaction - Grandmother had persuaded Neverwhere to agree. The dappled mare didn’t have to finish her sentence for Eyas to know who she meant. Her black gaze seemed less disturbed while it searched the intensity of Never’s cloudy focus, but it was also irritatingly condescending in a way Eyas had no right to be. Being privy to the innermost exchanges of a horse’s mind could give a young thing that weird sense of entitlement.

“I mean to say that you and the Nerinian Queen,” She alluded quietly, bridling her manners and steering them toward discretion. “have a very special connection.” Eyas sighed, thinking of the little salt-water succulents that grew in the marshy sections of Loess. The unsuspecting party had been pickling in a brine of her great-grandmother’s concoction, and her memories had a very distinct feeling to them.

Heartfire had the all-seeing eye and not only was it opened, but currently looking upon all that Neverwhere may-or-may-not envision.

She offered a blind horse the gift of sight, Eyas wondered to herself, biting back a frown. Indignant jealousy reared its imaginary head and flared both nostrils at the subtle ease which her ancestor used to cement the bond - that Heartfire could do it so well even Neverwhere was left somewhat in the dark. She scoffed aloud, shook her fuzzy head and glanced aside to the unsuspecting horses far away from them.

“I understand if you’re offended - that was rude of me, earlier.” Young Eyas sighed dejectedly, turning her ears down and setting her expression to glower. “I’m not very adept at what I do, not like —- well you know.” Her feminine voice lowered. It took her a moment to realize that her displaced jealousy probably went deeper than expected. It wasn’t so much that she was envious of what Heartfire could do, it was who she chose to do it with.

The studious hen-horse jerked her chin back around, glaring at Neverwhere through narrowed, jet stone eyes. “For someone who’s not so keen on magical gifts, you sure seemed eager enough to accept one without considering the strings attached.”

@[Neverwhere] she's just a jelly girl livin' in a grandmother-deprived world
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Neverwhere) - by Eyas - 11-04-2019, 11:37 PM