• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Aeolus:
    An old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

Aeolus hints at so many things, enough to keep her gaze steadily on him and unwilling to stray. His kindness, his warmth, pulsates in the air between them and gives life to a blossoming smile. ”Practice makes perfect,” and she intends to return, whether it be for him or for the island’s natural beauty. He gifts her a sense of freedom and joy, her thoughts and heart soaring high with the clouds. No one has ever been like this to her, so welcoming and amiable. Rarely did she wander from the confines of the Loessian caves, but when she did, the conversations were facetious and quick to fade. This, however, is different. A sense of excitement surges through her entire body, fed by his own joy that she will stay to watch the afternoon fade into dusk, then nightfall. ”It will be my first island sunset,” she adds with a broad smile reaching her eyes, ”I’m sure I’m about to see something truly magnificent.” Although she has witnessed many from Loess and the distant, oceanic horizon, she pictures something much more magical here tonight.

A ripple of happiness branches across her, too great of a feeling to even falter when Aeolus reminisces briefly of his time in the Pampas. ”It is,” she agrees with a nod, ”very peaceful. It’s so strange how quiet it is in comparison to Loess.” But Noah is kind and enough to anchor Cyprin to the herdland for now. Whether that will change, she isn’t entirely sure. Life often twists and turns throughout the years, and faces come and go. Of which, there is Aodhan. ”I’ve met him!” She surprises herself by the energy radiating from the statement, her eyes bright in recognition. ”He first approached me as a lizard which threw me off a bit,” the laughter rising from her is a sweet song. Fortunately, she is unafraid of reptiles considering her family; nonetheless, to see him grow before her eyes and speak did, admittedly, startle her at first. ”I would have never thought he was your dad,” she doesn’t mention her own, because their names are from an older Beqanna decades ago. Mother’s feats have long since fallen off the edge, lost by newer and greater tales. ”What’s your mother’s name?” She asks curiously, wanting to know more about him and about this tropical world he lives in.

Cyprin is attentive to Aeolus, clutching onto his every word until her gaze strays toward the nearby palms, and then the extensive shoreline. ”Show me more before it’s sunset,” a playful hop forward punctuates the softly-spoken wish. Behind her, the sun begins its descent, but Cyprin is far from ready to end this day and adventure. Seizing the opportunity, she glances over her shoulder, back toward him, and washes her face with the sunlight as it stares back. ”I want to see your favorite place, or maybe your favorite thing to do here.”

It’s almost like being a child again, without responsibilities and without an agenda. Here, she escapes from the world and can harness what fun truly is, and simultaneously soak in what exists outside of Loess and the Pampas.

Cyprin
    lior and nayl

picture by Jiamin Zhu on pinterest

@[Aeolus]

Messages In This Thread
    Aeolus: - by Cyprin - 10-21-2019, 12:13 PM
    RE: Aeolus: - by Aeolus - 10-24-2019, 04:02 PM
    RE: Aeolus: - by Cyprin - 11-13-2019, 10:26 AM
    RE: Aeolus: - by Aeolus - 11-25-2019, 03:49 PM
    RE: Aeolus: - by Cyprin - 12-06-2019, 10:49 AM
    RE: Aeolus: - by Aeolus - 12-15-2019, 04:34 PM
    RE: Aeolus: - by Cyprin - 01-15-2020, 01:55 PM