• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS
    She is not surprised when she hears the call, but even still she feels another piece of her soul torn away as the magician’s voice rings across the land. Lie had told her just this morning of his plans to leave, before going to bid his son farewell, and she had not done much to convince him to stay. Even as she feels the fluttering of their fourth child in her womb, she found herself unable to force him to remain. It’s simply time to move on, for the both of them. Maybe she’ll return to the Cove; it is where she truly belongs.

“I am not absent,” she declares as she joins the small group, but there is a calm acceptance in her gaze as she stares at the would-be queen. “Litotes left is only this morning, and already you have come to stake a claim on my kingdom.” She positions herself next to her adopted son and runs her nose reassuringly down his neck, wishing she knew how to fury that quelled in the demon-child. This is not a fight the two of them can win, though Dawn is no stranger to monsters. Head held high - weakness is not an option for her, not anymore - she turns to face her subjects and the newly arrived monsters, realizing that she has little left to lose.

“My intention was to bring the East back to the glory it had obtained under the rule of my predecessors,” she tells them, brown eyes sparkling with sadness. “I grew up in Hyaline and became a woman in the Cove; all the while, the East knew peace. When I came into my crown and Litotes offered me Pangea, I graciously accepted and hoped to make us prosper as the sanctuary we were always intended to be. I realize that I have failed you, and for that I am sorry.”

She looks back to Anaxarete and then to Ghaul, quietly contemplating the pair. “I cannot force you to come with me, son,” she tells him, wanting to tear her claws into the newcomer but knowing instinctively that she doesn’t have the power to fight her. “I shall return to the Cove, where your sister rules. You are welcome to stay here, in the kingdom you were born to rule, or come with me if you wish. All I ask,” and she turns hard eyes on the grey mare, “is that you leave the Cove out of your plotting. It is a peaceful territory, and Isilme is a good woman.”

figured she should get something up. she’s abdicating peacefully.
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Anaxarete - 10-21-2019, 04:26 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Rayie - 10-21-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Ripley - 10-21-2019, 06:07 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by ghaul - 10-21-2019, 07:14 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Dawn - 10-21-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by stave - 10-21-2019, 10:32 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Desire - 10-22-2019, 12:08 AM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Darkling - 10-22-2019, 05:27 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Kensa - 10-22-2019, 08:51 PM
    RE: from the ashes - ALL CITIZENS - by Anaxarete - 10-25-2019, 07:33 PM