• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  smiles and sunbeams
    Isilya

yet it was not that nature had shed o'er the scene
    her purest of crystal and brightest of green

One of the first things on Isilya’s to do was to visit the herd lands! She had not yet had the pleasure, hadn’t even known they were associated with Tephra until a little while ago. She absolutely would have explored sooner if she had - how wonderful that Beqanna had two gorgeous tropical islands??

Although the tide was low enough that Isilya could have walked or swam, she opted to do something a little different. Standing on the shore of Tephra, the vines along her spine began to shift and grow. The bright yellow and orange flowers are pushed out of the way as a set of dragonfly wings appear at her side - the edges formed by vines and the membrane is iridescent and shines in the sun.

She adores how warm this region is all year round. Her flowers are always so much happier without the harsh chill of the more temperate and northern winters.

Of course she doesn’t really need the wings to get over to Ischia, but it’s fun!

A short time later she lands (only stumbling once) and her golden points shimmer as she moves under the sunlight. She keeps the wings for now, folding them back so they nestle against the bright flowers that adorn her usual vines.

Wary about trespassing or causing any accidental upset, the gold and ivory girl remains where she is on the beach and calls out with a friendly voice - hoping she can meet someone from this beautiful place!

’twas not her soft magic of streamlet or rill
    oh! no, it was something more exquisite still

@[Eva] and any!
    Lightbulb 
    Her home, her home, it was so good to be home. Where the palm trees rustled and the crystal waters shone like a faceted aqua jewel. The pearl sea mare trotted up the beach with her floating steps, thoughts drifting as she went. Eva should be around here, she knew, and she was hoping to discuss some things with the violet woman soon. 

These thoughts flowed to the back of her mind as the nereid caught sight of a stranger on the beach that bordered the channel separating Ischia from the mainland. "Hello!" She called out over the song of the water, smiling openly as she approached. The woman on the sand was a lovely thing, pale and gold and looking part jungle. She wore vines and flowers in much the same way as the sea mare wore her fins. 

She admired the woman as she settled back on her heels in the sand, bringing salt water and plumeria scented air in her wake. "I'm Aquaria, welcome to Ischia! Is this a diplomatic visit or are you here to relax?" She asked, as warm as the sun that glittered on her scales. 

The island operated with open borders, available to any who wished to escape the worries of the world for a while. With its pristine shores and verdant jungles, the herd island was an ideal location for restoring worn down spirits. Aquaria felt fortunate that she got to live her all the time, and took her tasks as a diplomat and guardian seriously. When life got complicated, Ischia gave her a secure place to reorganize and recenter. 

@[Isilya]

-Adria-

Yes, it was so very good to be home. At least, above it rather than below it. Adria has missed the common tongue and her friends on top of the ocean, has missed her children and her sister Nereids … and perhaps Jakub more than she cares to admit. She had not missed the winter weather, felt acutely by one so accustomed to the vibrant summer swelter on the islands nearly year-round. Leaving Ischia and making a trip to the river had been irritable on her skin, now glimmering from the sunny heat as Adria basked on the shore.

Her distinctly fine ears flicked backwards, hearing Aquaria’s voice rise over the chatter of rolling waves and chittering birds, and Adria lifted herself gracefully from the warm sand and onto her feet. She trotted away, the motion languid and lovely as a dancer, her mane lifted by a gentle breeze and swept away from her alluring eyes and face. The curve of Ischia’s beach led her to come upon a scene of interest once the water horse had passed some miles southbound: her sister - Aquaria, an equal match of beauty and a well-known mare of Beqanna by now - entertaining a winged mare adorned by nature.

Raising her lips to both, Adria gave them a friendly, enthused call; she was coming to join out of curiosity.

Ou gade bèl jodi a.” She greeted Aquaria, her once brisk steps slowing into a lifted jog that brought her comfortably into the trio of mares. As she settled, Adria reached pleasantly to brush her nose against the crook of her siblings jawline, tender and far from shy about such physical affection. “I am Adria,” Her accompanying smile beamed, “and might I say how positively lovely you are! Tankou yon penti. She sighed, a great lover of all things so impossibly beautiful.

In all her years Adria has been given few chances to gaze upon perfection in the world, and this time strikes her similarly to when she had spoken with Leliana last. How lovely her Queen had been then! How sublime in her new power!

“How, if at all, can we help you?”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Isilya] @[Aquaria]
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Ischia was one of the few things that were close to her heart. Many of those that called the island their home was also dear to her as well. It was a beautiful place. A place she wanted to protect with everything she had and offer it to anyone who needed a place of safety.

The amethyst nereid found herself lately enjoying her time with her newly born children lately. She had never expected to have twins, but she found it to be a beautiful blessing in disguise. It was these moments, when they are so innocent and new to the world that are most precious. Her motherly heart yearned to teach them everything the world had. She wanted to see every moment of their life growing up. Mostly to remember their beautiful child laughs and big grins.

But the world calls her away at times, Eva does not forget her duties as a leader just as she doesn’t forget hers as a mother. It had been the right choice though—one she never thought of doing before, but Eva surprised herself when she stepped up to lead Ischia.

Hearing the unfamiliar call, the nereid finds her way to the trio gathering of mares. A faint scent of Tephra lingers in the sea-salt scented air. Memories of the Tephra king and their meeting before reminded her of the event that transpired. She had thought of their relationship with the kingdom since then at times. Uncertainty had been her conclusion in her thoughts to where they stood with each other; however, Eva knew only time would tell to see what would occur.

Eva wears a warm smile as she approaches the group of mares. Her smile increases more when she looks to Aquaria and Adria. Two of the mares that have impacted her life greatly. She knows without both of them she would not be standing here today.

Making herself comfortable at the other side of Adria, she flickers her ears forward to observe the gold and white mare. The visitor reminds Eva of her daughter Loire, perhaps an older version her daughter might one day look like. It draws her smile further up—she loved her beautiful daughter very much.

“Welcome,” she offers with a kind voice. “I am Eva.” The nereid then falls silent with a soft smile touching her lips as she waits to hear what brings someone from Tephra to their home once more.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Isilya] @[Adria] @[Aquaria]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Isilya

Isilya is absolutely dazzled by the three mares that come to greet her, her green and gold hazel eyes brightening with a wider and wider smile with each arrival. They are all so beautiful, so utterly and perfectly matched to this wonderful oasis.

The first calls a greeting from the water and Isilya turns to watch her approach, stars in her eyes. “A little bit of both, actually!” Before she can introduce herself properly, they’re joined by another dazzling mare - Adria. Isilya’s vine-created wings flutter a little at her sides, causing the iridescent panes to shimmer in the sunlight, at Adria’s compliment. “Why thank you! I was thinking the same about you two.” She admits, the words sweet and truthful on her tongue.

And then another! Looking as though she was made from the sunset sky itself, Isilya could very well forget why she was even here in the company of such beautiful creatures.

But! Luckily she does not forget.

It is her turn to speak, and the ivory and gold mare feels like she is shining she is so happy with the possibility of three new friendships (and very much hoping she does not ruin the chance!!) “Thank you all for welcoming me to your incredible home, it’s such a pleasure to meet you. My name is Isilya and I’m from Tephra. Very recently, I succeeded Vulgaris to the throne.” She pauses a little, out of nerves and out of the simple fact that she’s suddenly not sure what she’s supposed to say. Is there a protocol for this type of situation? She’s learning as she goes more or less, even though she knows she’ll have Vulgaris and Leliana to ask for help if she needs it.

For now, she’s just got her instincts and what she wants to say.

“So I’m here to introduce myself as the new queen, and see if there’s anything I can do for you and your lovely home, whether now or in the future. I very much hope we can all be friends and if there is any way I can strengthen the bond between our homes I would just love to do whatever I can!” Really, the shimmering mare isn’t sure what she can possibly do - if the bond of friendship and an alliance between them is enough or if there is something else. Which is why she asks! If Ischia needs something of Tephra she would happily give it, even if it is just sticking her nose somewhere else and leaving them be.

And, she adds, because what she had told Aquaria was true - this was a visit both of diplomacy and pleasure. “I’ve also never visited these islands, which is a true shame. I had no idea what a paradise I was missing out on!”

@[Aquaria] @[Adria] @[Eva] <33
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

They were not alone long at all. Aquaria's eyes illuminated with joyful recognition to see her sister join them on the shore, Eva not far behind her. As surely as any siren call, the newcomer had summoned the three, each a jewel in the treasure chest that was Ischia. 

The pearly scaled mare returned her sister's greeting touch, kissing Adria's cheek in her turn. "Bote mwen se yon flé nan jaden ou, sé" She burbled in their childhood tongue. Common came easier to the sea mare these days, the words as familiar as the island speak they'd grown up with. Still, she enjoyed the link between her and her eldest sibling. She greeted Eva similarly when the amethystine woman joined them, the three of them placed close by each other in the face of the unknown. 

She was a pretty unknown, to be sure, one of the prettiest creatures Aquaria figured she'd ever met. And that was saying something. Still, beauty without and beauty within did not always meet. She had met strikingly beautiful horses on the mainland that held nothing but ice behind their ribs. Such thoughts evaporated when the jungle maiden began to speak. 

She seemed as sweet as honey, as carefree as a butterfly. The soft pink of Aquaria's lips slipped into a pleased smile when the fluttering woman returned her sister's compliment. The smile turned hesitant when Isilya next divulged her purpose in joining them here. Tephra? Succeeded Vulgaris? Now that was a surprise. The nereid blinked once as she absorbed the news, and tried to determine if their guest spoke truth. She glanced to her kin, wondering what the other two made of this news. 

Vulgaris had been here so recently, it seemed, and had given them no indication then that he had intended anything but a long and determined role in charge. Then again, there had been the little princess Larke, princess no more it seemed. Vulgaris must have had a soft spot for the innocent among his brood, strange a thought as that was. And a penchant for putting them on thrones. 

Doubt bubbled at the back of her mind, but it seemed that it might be downright stupid to voice it now. Instead, she resorted to the diplomatic approach that she had been working on. "How exciting! Your new position didn't come at the cost of Vulargis' demise, did it?" She asked, fairly certain she'd kept the note of hope out of her voice. Diplomacy was a work in progress.   

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Eva] @[Adria] @[Isilya]
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    The purple nereid welcomes the warmth greeting from her dear friend. It brings a bigger smile on her lips, a warm gleam in her eye, and then she turns to face the new face that has come from Tephra. Eva instantly finds the white and gold mare to be beautiful. Certainly, she would fit right into the other beautiful mares that called Ischia their home.

Her expression remains the same as ever as the mare introduces herself as Isilya. She then continues, explaining her reasoning why she has come to visit their island, and her expression flickers to concern for a moment. Eva had never thought Vulgaris would have stepped down so suddenly, in truth she had thought he planned to reign much longer. It seemed from his recent visit here he had tried to keep his grip onto lands that reigned underneath Tephra.

Eva remains silent and lets a soft, content smile touches her lips as the new Tephra queen continued. It was a new beginning for all of them it seemed. Eva certainly had no idea who the new queen was, she had never heard of her, but that didn’t stop her from mistrusting her either. She always hoped for the best in others, Isilya seemed quite the same as herself and someone she might like once she got to know her.

She turns her attention to the pearl mare when she speaks next. Eva smile increased a little bit at Aquaria’s choice to choose the diplomatic route. Vulgaris certainly wasn’t a favorite of theirs when he first had come to Ischia, and when he left, she wasn’t exactly certain where their relationship stood between their two lands. However, the thought of him passing away brought concern to her for a moment (particularly about Larke).

“I do hope he and his family is well,” she adds quickly in and moves her gold gaze back to the queen. As much as things had ended strangely between the two, Eva would always wish the best for others that stood against her. “We are happy to have you come visit us, Isilya, and I personally do wish to strength our friendship between our too lands.” If anything, now would be the time to start afresh and form a friendly truth between their homes. Eva didn’t want to worry about another difficulty that could separate herself from someone like Tephra.

Her eyes gleam with warmth at the compliment from the Tephra queen. “We are quite lucky to live in such a beautiful place. You are always welcomed to explore or come for a stay if you wish to get away. Ischia has an open-border policy, so we welcome anyone!” She glances to Aquaria for a moment with a humorous expression. “We let Aquaria and her starfishes deal with the troublemakers.” A soft laugh escapes her soft purple tinted lips.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Isilya] @[Aquaria] Since Cal is on away, I'm just going to move things ahead <33
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Isilya

Although Isilya is mostly certain that Aquaria is joking about any harm coming to Vulgaris, her green-and-gold eyes widen a little bit in alarm at the mere idea of it. Eva is quick to jump in, speaking well wishes for the former-king and his family. “Oh, he’s quite alright - and his family too I believe! He’s remaining on the council, but wanted to step down to be with his family more. Which I think is rather nice, isn’t it?” Isilya, not having a family of her own, doesn’t fully understand the ties that connect parents to their children - but she imagines it isn’t unlike the feeling of warmth she feels whenever she makes a new friend. Right? And if she thought it would help her friends, she would abdicate as well!

But these are more serious thoughts than Isilya is really concerning herself with. Right now, she’s currently thinking about how much she hopes the mares she’s speaking with will like her so that she can have an excuse to visit them again.

Eva seems to agree about a friendship between their lands and Isilya’s smile brightens, the dragonfly wings at her side fluttering slightly as a physical manifestation of her joy. “That’s wonderful news! I’m so glad we’re on the same page. It’s my intention to keep Tephra as peaceful as possible, so I don’t think we’ll have anything to worry about there - and you guys seem to be doing a wonderful job here so I’m certainly not planning on stepping on any toes.” There’s a ‘so long as we stay friendly with each other’ statement in there but Isilya is not currently capable of thinking of such possibilities.

She certainly, hopes, however, that there will be never be a cause for a rift to form between herself and these lovely mares. She wants their bond to strengthen, not weaken!

So she is, of course, thrilled at Eva’s offer to return here at any time. “I will absolutely be taking you up on that offer! And no starfish will be needed for me.” She states with a small laugh. It is difficult to imagine herself as a troublemaker. “Are all the islands this beautiful? Do you guys have a favourite?”

@[Aquaria] @[Eva] sorry it took a while for me to reply!!