• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  between the lines of fear and blame; anyone
    While she thinks of her third favorite palce – clearly not a common request – Blue turns his head toward where a pair of macaws are chattering in the nearby trees. One is brightly scarlet, with wing feathers in brilliant yellow, green, and blue, while the other is bright blue with a golden underbelly. A third, deeper blue than either of the others has only the smallest marks of yellow near its beak and eyes. Blue is fond of these birds, has even watched a pair of them raise a clutch of babies in the spring. He looks away from them when Divest announces a place, and Blue grins eagerly at her excitement.

An island within an island, she says, and Blue follows her eagerly. The brindle stallion has not gone far inland in the months of his residency. There was no need too, after all, not when all of paradise was within a few yards of the sea. He follows her with intrigue, and when the green filly says she hopes he likes to swim, he laughs aloud.

“I think I’d rather fly,” he tells her with a laugh, and does so. It’s a simple task to wing across the narrow strip of water. When he lands, he waits for Divest to meet him, eager to see what she might wish to show him, but unsure what direction to go from here. The island within an island is impressive in its own right, but he follows her around the beach with a lightness to the steps.

“Oh good,” Blue replies to her announcement that they’re almost there. “I’ve never been to this part of the Resort before.”

@[Divest]