• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd apologise for bleeding on your shirt; susquehanna & any

Just throw it back, for one more night
    On a starlit and moon-struck night.

A light dusting of snow was like sugar frosting the moist ground. It turned the Falls into somewhat of a wintry wonderland. The naked boughs of the trees hung icicles, and the way the habitable birds fluttered past them made a tinkle sound, like the gentle lull of wind chimes. The Falls themselves had patches of ice, where the hoarfrost had settled over night, but they remained frothy and full of crystalline rapids. I breathed in, deeply and vigorously. The scent of the Falls was prominent even in winter. The last clinging aroma of faded honeysuckle and mint flavoured the air, now tainted with the smell of the cold and snow. I broke through the shadowy boughs, the track that led from the field to the Falls, stepping aside and allowing the red Gypsy mare to take it all in. 'I give you, The Falls.' my tone was as grandiose as I could manage, but my tone fell short, just as I tripped over a couple of concealed branches that the snow had settled upon. I regained myself a little quicker than the norm, but if I wasn't sure a rose shade, I would have blushed. I extended my nose, and turned my head, angling for the better view of the rolling fields, the sentinel treeline and of course, the piece de resistance, The Falls themselves. I stepped ever closer to Susquehanna, as if about to tell a secret, my tone soft, gentle. 'This place, it is home. it is a fairytale right out of the stories. And, those waters over there. They are full of magic.' I nod, my vast shire head dipping and shaking the flower dressed mane from my green eyes. 'I'm sure you'll feel right at home.'

The ground did fold and eat us both
    But all my love, I did devote.

- resident of the falls -
     Susquehanna's eyes widen minutely. Before her lay a forest, blanketed with shining snow as if hung with diamonds. And, at the center, a huge cascade of glimmering water, as if placed there by a mystical being.
     She laughs and turns to the shire mare.
     "It's beautiful" she whispers, eyes gleaming with wonder.
     Oh the adventures I could have here
     "It's so..." she trailed of, staring at the sparkling water. If it weren't winter she would have dived right in then and there.

Daringly I had to admit, I was now quite fond of the Falls. I was fond of it's inhabitants and the forests, the green grass and the crystalline waters. Audaciously, I think now where would I have been if I were not here? Still aimless in my wanderings, lost among the trees. Bits of bark still litter my mane, strewn with old, worn flowers, now dying and crisp knotted in my red tresses. I turn my viridian green gaze back to Susquehanna, and politely dip my nose. 'it is beautiful, such a majestic place. It is quite quiet though. There's Shatter Me, the Queen. Texas, the Advisor, Tyrna, and I'm sure there are others mulling around. I'm sure they'd be pleased to meet you.' my smile is infectious, a strange feeling as it pulls tightly at my lips. The light swell of my frame, a pulsing life within makes me blush redder than my roan skin allows. A moment of thought, pressed tightly, held within. Texas was a certain man, he could weave many a spell that I am certain.

'Susquehanna. You have such a lovely name. It's unique. Where do you come from, if you don't mind me asking?' I ask, meaning no ill at prying, I was trying to adjust to this conversing skill, and failing often, led me to doubt myself more and more. So practice made perfect. 'I was new to Beqanna too, not that long ago. Last winter even, I had a bit of a run in with a frozen river. Not the best way to introduce yourself to a new world, right?' I laugh, trying to break the uneasy tension I have seemed to cause.

E L D
    - i'm a wishful thinker with the best intentions -
    acolyte of the falls

Susquehanna gave a small laugh that was not quite delicate nor raucous.
     "Not the best, but it could be worse, no? And as for where I'm from, well, it's not very well known. Just a small herd far south of here" She tossed her head, indicating the general direction of south.
     A flutter of red caught her eye and she watched it out of the corner of her vision. A cardinal sporting it's loud feathers.
     I'm not sure I'll ever get over the beauty of this place
     She glanced back to Eld.
     "Oh, I would love to meet everybody. Sorry, I'm just all over the place aren't I?" she apologized, staring at her feathered hooves.

Snow clung to rock and tree everywhere the silver queen looked. It was beautiful.Even in the cold months, new life was abundant in the neutral kingdom. Evidenced in fact by the gentle swelling of her own midsection along with the kingdom's newest member Eld.

Shatter had seen Eld as they passed each other in the Falls and was completely impressed by the red girl's spirit and determination. She was an amazing asset to the small kingdom and this time she had outdone herself. A new member has followed her back from her trip to the field this time around. A mare patched in red and white nearly as the shire.

Shatter Me dons a graceful smile feeling bright and happy, warmed not only by the foal in her womb but also the new face within her realm. She gives a warm nicker of greeting as she approaches."Good morning Eld! Who is your friend here?" The queen's smile is wide and genuine as she takes in the wonderful new mare. "My name is Shatter Me, how are you this fine day?"

shatter me

queen of the falls

It occurred to me then, that perhaps I wasn't alone in the clumsiness and awkwardness that came with not only be one larger lady, but one that often wore her heart on her sleeve and was a nervous bundle of energy. Which always seemed to be the negative sort. Tripping here, fumbling over words there. I perked an ear listening to the gypsy's words. 'I grew up in a small herd, it is different here. I guess it could needs getting used to, but I do consider The Falls my family now. And such they are there as more than just kingdom mates.' I nod, as if agreeing with my own words. Perhaps I should listen to myself sometimes. I had thoughts in my mind, they swam in an ocean, fumbling across my mind like fleeting little leaves along a river. I fished out a couple, but never posed them.

'Sometimes we let things get to us. More so than often it isn't needed. Don't worry Susquehanna, you'll fit in fine here. I just hope you like it.' my words are sweet as the honeysuckle in summer, and the smile that meets my lips grows, just like the swelling of my barrel -- it is achingly rotund, with life, with a child I was uncertain how to approach. I knew one thing, I would be a far better mother than I had. The dark thought creeps along the back of my eyes, darkens my green orbs a little, but they soon brighten at the presence of the dappled queen. Who, I noticed is looking quite positively glowing. The life swelling her flanks as mine. But she seemed to carry it far better than I.

'Shatter, Hello! This, this is Susquehanna.' I gestured with my muzzle to the gypsy mare and then back to Shatter Me. 'Susquehanna, this is our Queen.' I dipped my muzzle, an incline of respect. My smile does not hide the undertones of complimentary bliss. 'You are positively glowing, Shatter.' I tilt my ear to the right, and eye casting a gaze to her equally swollen barrel. I had visions of children playing come spring, and the thought sends a warm glow inside of my soul, something that I held onto quite tightly. Family. It made the fuzzy warmth radiate from my cheeks, my eyes. 'Susquehanna is new to Beqanna. And would like to join the Falls' family.'

E L D
    - i'm a wishful thinker with the best intentions -
    acolyte of the falls

Susquehanna gave the queen a shy smile and bowed my head in respect.
     "Pleased to meet you. As Eld said, I'm Susquehanna" she said shifting uncomfortably. "I have heard much of The Falls and I must say it is just as beautiful as they say" she rushed on.
     She flicked her long silky tail nervously, trying to gauge the dappled mare's reaction.
     Am I staring? I hope it's not noticeable. Eld had been so friendly and easy to talk to. Will this horse be the same?
     Susquehanna tensed at the thought, hoping someone would break the silence quickly.

"Why thank you Eld! You are looking quite radiant yourself." Shatter is quick to return the compliment, having noticed the pronounced rounding in the roan's belly. The queen did indeed feel like she was glowing. This pregnancy had proven to be just as easy as the first one, and for that she was grateful. She couldn't wait to meet her child for the first time.

Shatter quickly reined in her wandering thoughts and turned the full force of her graceful charm on the stranger. "Susquehanna, what a beautiful name. I am quite flattered that you think so highly of our quaint little kingdom. We are all very welcoming here and I have no doubts that you will fit in with ease." She smiles warmly at the new mare, she remembers how overwhelming it can be to come to a new place.

Shatter had spent her entire time in Beqanna living in the Falls, and didn't regret it for a second. The kingdom was cool and calm. They didn't pick fights but were happy to help those that needed it. They were small and kept to themselves for the most part but were friendly and welcoming. Shatter was proud of her home, and though the crown wasn't necessarily something she wanted, she was proud of how the kingdom was developing.

"So Susquehanna, you are more than welcome to stay. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself?"

shatter me

queen of the falls

Susquehanna blushed slightly, going on to explain her past.
     "Well there isn't much to tell. I'm from a little herd quite far from here. My mother was lead mare," she said, obviously proud of her Dam. "She passed not long ago" the words were whispered with none of the earlier enthusiasm.
     Bless her she added in her mind                                                                                              "But then I found Beqanna" The mare grinned but it didn't reach her eyes.