• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nimue Isolde, Anyone;
    HELLO DARKNESS, MY OLD FRIEND

The shadowmare found it refreshing to have a purpose again.  She was not well suited to simply observe.  Anaxarete had no qualms about injecting herself the politics. She’d been doing it for the majority of her life.  However, the fall of old Beqanna had rattled her to her bones. She’d only ever been loyal to the Chamber, and with the Chamber gone she was loyal only to herself and her own ambitions.

Taking Pangea hadn’t been a part of a grand scheme, it simply presented itself at the right time.  If anything, it was her monsters that had drawn her here. But her new purpose had become rebuilding this place - dragging the kingdom Carnage had built from the ashes.  There was much to be done, but the spark had caught. That was enough for now.

However today, her attention was drawn to the border.  There are no secrets from the shadow-queen. Especially when the shadows themselves act as her sentries.

Visitors were to be expected, especially now that she knew word had spread that there had been a change in Pangea. She did wonder, idly, how much others truly knew.  It had been so many years since she had stepped from the shadows into the light. It was an amusing thought, but a fleeting one at best.

Anaxarete calls upon the shadows to meet them at the border. The shadows swirl like smoke before them, and she deftly steps out into the sun from the swirling darkness. She is a small creature, and by current Beqanna standards appeared quite plain.  But to think of the shadowmare as such would be a grave mistake.  She inclined her head towards the visitors, her icy gaze flickering between the pair.

“I think you’ll find Pangea has a great many secrets, but,” she pauses, and the smallest of smiles flickers across her lips and disappears just as quickly, “I’ll concede my bias.” 

“Welcome. I am Anaxarete.” she says, simply, waiting for them to reveal their purpose in coming here.

A N A X A R E T E
    image credit 

@[Castile]
    @[Nimue Isolde]

Messages In This Thread
    Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 11-07-2019, 03:10 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Nimue Isolde - 11-07-2019, 06:23 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Anaxarete - 11-07-2019, 07:49 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 11-08-2019, 07:23 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Nimue Isolde - 11-11-2019, 08:02 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Anaxarete - 11-19-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: Nimue Isolde, Anyone; - by Castile - 12-03-2019, 02:40 PM