• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fear Controls You |Finn|
    Vita

She had grown comfortable in Ischia, the kingdom that was promisingly quiet. She certainly was happy it wasn't too busy, having another equine always around would have been rather anxiety filled for her. Luckily she seems to only find another equine when she seeks them out, traveling through beqanna.

Today the girl travels in her crow form, she had wings in her equine form but it was more fun to fly as a bird! And as she glides through the kingdom she finds her way to the shoreline. The black crow glides over the water, the rough waves sprinkling her feathers. She pulls back up to the sky, the winter watee would turn her to ice given the chance.

She quickly dove for the shore, growing closer she shifts back to her teal and white equine form. Her wings flap for a moment before finding a comfortable spot tucked onto her back. She moves through the land, looking for warmth from the winters chill air.

Fear Controls You

@[Avion] a great recycled starter
    Per his usual pattern as of late, he's not entirely sure how he got here.  How did he get here?

He didn't know much of this place, other than it was an island and really if you've seen one tropical island, you've seen them all.  From what he could tell so far of this one was that it was large, it was round-ish, it was hot, and it was seriously lacking in residents that weren't fish or birds.  Pretty standard stuff.  But actually, it was seriously lacking in residents altogether.  Or maybe they were just keeping away from the strange, lanky, shaded man lumbering down the beach with a lazy gait completely by himself; he wasn't inconspicuous at all.  Honestly, if they were hiding, he wouldn't blame them.  Finn wouldn't want to talk to himself either.

He stopped as the lowering tide revealed what looked like a reef or land bridge of some kind.  Well, what do ya know?  That must've been how he had gotten here.  The power of an inquisitive mind was really something.

For a time, he watched as the waves swelled and receded on a continuous loop.  It was rhythmic and terribly boring, but he had nothing better to do.  The parrots and gulls and other feathered creatures squabbled and sang around him, mixing with the movement of the sea.  It actually ended up being a pretty ugly tune, he thought, but it was just enough of a balm of a lullaby to make his eyes heavy.

He ignored the beating of wings nearby; the frenzied birds had just become static sound to him at this point.  But the noise persisted and seemed to grow in intensity.  In fact, it was starting to sound like this poor misguided creature might land on him and might actually try and befriend him, or that this place was home to a pterodactyl/parrot mutant.  That horrifying - and a bit awesome - thought had his eyes snapping open to slowly rove around him.

The lazy stallion wasn't entirely sure what he was expecting to see, but it definitely wasn't a raven growing into a pegasus mare that disturbed the sand with her heavy wingbeats.  A bit disappointed that it had not actually been some genetic anomaly, Finn yawned, catching some of the stray grains of sand that the lady had kicked up with her decent.  The grit gnashed against the flats of his teeth, but he didn't seem to mind, his curious, bright eyes were too busy watching as she finally settled.

She hadn't seemed to notice him through the sand cloud, and that was probably better for her sake.  He should probably just let her be on her way.

But he just couldn't help himself. "Aye, miss," he piped up, cocking a rear onyx toe to rest in the winter sand.  "I don't suppose you know what this place is, do ya?"

@[Vita]
    Vita

Vita was always off in her own world (the one in her mind), barely ever aware of her surroundings. Although if she had paid attention perhaps she would have noticed the stallion only a few feet from her.

She prances the opposite direction of him, but grows to a halt as his voice passes through her ears. Her gaze flicks back towards the stranger, he seemed nice enough with his greeting. He asks if she knew what this place was and with a smile her body turns to face the stranger.

She grows closer to him, excitement clearly plastered on her face. Oh this is Ischia! Are you here to stay!? She asks, though she knows very well most equines are just visitors. My name is Vita, do you want to see more of my home?

Fear Controls You

@[Finnus] I'm sorry its short and poopy
    That poor girl.  She actually stopped and turned around.  Now she would have to talk to him.

For whatever reason, she seems exquisitely happy.  It’s a sentiment that’s typically unrelatable to him, but he can at least appreciate it all the same.  Could be this place that she calls home that makes her so chipper - Ischia was it?  Maybe the sunshine, beach, and ocean weren’t all that terrible, perhaps they were even tolerable for, you know, someone who was into that kind of pleasant stuff and good vibes and all.  

The appeal of low-key island life had just begun to grow on him, until the swoop of a red, feathered blur nearly buzzed across his poll. "Yeah, I don't think the natives like me very well,” he lamented, shooting a side-eyed glance at the raucous birds. 

“A pleasure, Vita, my name is Finnus,” his baritone rung with a polite dip of his sooty head.   Where is the next nearest exit?, he wanted to ask, having just noticed that high tide had once again devoured the bridge.  But looking at her, she’s just so eager, and he doesn't have the gall to actually formulate that question now.  “Looks like I have some time to kill, if you really want to show me a couple things.”

Smiling crookedly, he stepped up beside her, “Lead the way.”

@[Vita]