• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In Hell I'll be in good company // Any
    I had no sooner settled into something like an upright position when a girly voice breaks through to my pounding head. Perfect, just wonderful. Exactly what I needed right now. With a little more effort than I would have liked, my head makes its way upward, away from the swaying ground until I can see the owner of the voice more clearly. 

At first I have to wonder if I'd scrambled my brains harder than I realized. But no, she really is wearing deer antlers. Whether they're actually attached to her skull remains to be seen, but I do intend to find out. Blue spotted markings run across her coat, like she'd rolled in a berry patch earlier in the day. Of course, that seemed unlikely. No, her indigo markings seemed to be the touch of her parents. What a strange pair they must be, to have created this result. 

My gaze is level as I consider her question, feeling spiteful words climb up my throat in response. I'd been having a hell of a day already, and making small talk seemed like literal torture at the moment. But the effort to be biting seemed a bit much after the ordeal of my trip, and she looked like she was desperate to help. So I settled on a sigh and a shake of the head, brittle fins rustling along my neck at the gesture. "I'll be alright. Just got on the wrong side of the faeries, I think. Day can only get better from here." 

My smile is rueful, childish, designed to disseminate concern. My skin itches with dryness, as if the bitter cold of the mountain had evaporated any moisture my body had held. It's uncomfortable to say the least, and fixing it becomes the primary concern in my mind. Batting sky blue eyes at the patchy girl, I let my wings droop a little closer to the ground. "I'm awful thirsty. You wouldn't happen to know where the closest water is, would you? I'm afraid I got a little disoriented on the way back." True enough, though the circumstances were heavily glossed over. 

This was Loess, I'm certain, but exactly which part was less clear. I hadn't explored all that much, and was regretting that now. Didn't do my homework, now I had to rely on this horny thing to help me find my way. Because flying was so not happening today. Not with my wings feeling like lead balloons. 

@[Oriash]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In Hell I'll be in good company // Any - by Rebelle - 11-19-2019, 11:41 AM