• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | aten
    Even though the mare had made to leave, Aten's words seemed to have some effect, for she stopped and glanced back over her shoulder to see Aten. She speaks to him in a low voice, barely audible over the wind, and Aten felt compelled to listen as the mare had instructed him.

Before she says a word, she turns to face him, a show of respect among their kind, surprising Ten slightly since he figured even if she was willing to talk to him, she was still sour towards his behavior. Her eyes settled on his, and Aten watched her, his ears forward to listen to what she had to say.

He was surprised, but Aten knew how prideful the northern Queen could be. The fact that she'd journeyed to speak to Castile wasn't a huge surprise, but was that really how she had handled the situation? He didn't want to believe Lepis, but could he truly doubt her too? He wasn't there that day, and neither were his eyes in the sky. Who knew if the Comtesse was telling the truth?

She said she had a reason for this plan, and he wanted to know.

Was there harm in asking?

Only when Lepis was done did Aten work up the nerve to speak, "Then what is the reason, Lepis? Not enough trust seems to exist between us yet that I was aware of all this in the first place. You know my loyalty lies with Taiga, no matter who sits in the position of leadership. Whether you trust me as an ally, a friend, or nothing more than a comrade, perhaps it is still enough that you will tel me so that you can help me understand.

"I don't know what you are thinking, or Castile, or Heartfire, or any horse. I can't claim to, so I need help understanding what made you choose to do what you did. And why would you trust me enough to place me as a 'leader' as you said earlier? You know Castile won't trust me, so why would you make this choice when Castile won't like it?"

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | aten - by Lepis - 11-11-2019, 10:16 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | aten - by Aten - 11-17-2019, 04:22 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | aten - by Lepis - 11-17-2019, 09:56 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | aten - by Aten - 11-20-2019, 09:03 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | aten - by Lepis - 11-20-2019, 10:01 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | aten - by Aten - 11-21-2019, 04:24 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | aten - by Lepis - 11-22-2019, 10:31 AM