• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  won't you stay?
    elio
    gone was the way we were, just like the days we'd burn
    Sometimes these things happen.

With that, Elio drops his gaze to his shuffling hooves and shrugs his shoulders. A weak smile turns his mouth upward, and his teeth bite fiercely into his bottom lip. These things do happen, and the golden boy knows just little enough to accept that answer without a serious fight. He swallows his trembling child soldier and blinks away the apprehension.

This confusion is just a part of his life now: emotions he does not understand, an arguing family, the hard line between reality and fantasy.

“I don’t think it’s a very big change,” he murmurs in between two of her sentences. It isn’t, not to him. Changing homes will take its toll, but his siblings are always wandering off, and he cannot live under the illusion that his father belongs here. The truth is that he does not know where Wolfbane belongs, other than in the stories in his head; and now he is not sure he even belongs there.

Lepis’ projections are just tiny fizzles beneath his skin, little unconscious fingers that point him in the direction of Loess (even if only for a moment).

“I would like that, I think,” is his quiet response, followed by yet another half-smile. The short locks of his mane fall into his eyes when he steps away to look at his mom. “I know we’ll always be a family. We take care of each other.” This he adds with a firm and certain nod of his head. Elio’s still-forming chin tucks to the slowly maturing lines of his chest, and now he genuinely grins.

The sun casts a warm glow around his face, shining yellow in the tresses of his crimson mane. He is beautiful in this innocence, untouched by the knowledge of his mother’s tearful escapes and just how much his father has split their lives in half. Lio nudges his mother’s shoulder with his muzzle then asks, “What are my cousins’ names? And when do we have to go?”

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    won't you stay? - by elio - 11-15-2019, 09:57 PM
    RE: won't you stay? - by Lepis - 11-16-2019, 12:20 AM
    RE: won't you stay? - by elio - 11-17-2019, 09:04 PM
    RE: won't you stay? - by Lepis - 11-18-2019, 10:43 PM
    RE: won't you stay? - by elio - 11-21-2019, 10:58 PM
    RE: won't you stay? - by Lepis - 11-22-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: won't you stay? - by elio - 11-24-2019, 01:14 AM
    RE: won't you stay? - by Lepis - 11-24-2019, 10:12 AM
    RE: won't you stay? - by elio - 11-25-2019, 07:52 PM
    RE: won't you stay? - by Lepis - 11-27-2019, 02:18 PM