• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; Reia

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

All of this could be so easy, if only Pteron would accept what has become of them. With every fiber in his being, he resists what they are. It’s the hollowness of his eyes and the diversions he counters that indicate how little he truly cares for her (for their child). Fire flirts with the edges of her lips when her eyes level on him, searching desperately for the answers that he holds secret. Her body quivers as though from the cold, but it is her disappointment and suppressed anger that rattles through her core. Her eyes flash beneath the moonlight and the blue flames blaze to greater life, even if for a few seconds before dimming. She doesn’t want to be interrupted yet, not by father or anyone else.

”Pteron,” she hisses his name, spitting it out like bile as he denies her. ”It is my business if you’re to be my husband.” A growl claws the lining of her throat despite how sweet the underlying threat may be. They are promised to each other; it’s a feat she has yearned years for because there has never been anyone else.

It would be easier if he simply accepted that.

Even as he sidles closer and connects his lips first to her cheek, then her throat, Reia cannot dam the suspicion rising in her. There’s no way to prevent how her body quivers beneath his touch – he knows her, knows her weakness – but her jaws clench together with every word that he dangerously places between them. ”Broodmare,” she spats, snarling, ”You know damn well that is not what I am. I am the one you want at your side, that you need at your side. I can destroy so much of your life if you deny me, Pteron.” Her voice rises with the increasing anger before she lurches her mouth forward to aggressively bite his neck. ”Those worms have no place with you. They’ve been distractions since day one. Now,” she pauses in futile attempt to compose herself, ”I suggest you tell me. I will ruin anything - anyone - that makes you happy if you deny me, and it will be worse for them, and you, if you make me hunt them down.”

Black smoke billows from her nostrils, a curtain in front of her pretty face, before it dissipates to reveal her still so near. Her warm breath reaches for him as a slow, deliberate step drives her nearer. ”I can be the best wife, if only you would stop fighting all of this,” in reality, she doesn’t know what all is involved with such a title. It’s possessive; that is the core reason she wants it solidified. He belongs to her, only her, and she will offer the same.

As quiet coercion, her mouth is slightly agape with firelight illuminating the back of her throat, waiting threateningly to either expel or muffle. 

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Reia - by Reia - 12-05-2019, 04:05 PM