• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sweet morphine touch; pteron
    Clearly he was unfazed by her rambling, even amused by it. 

And the first comment out of his mouth earns him a swiveling ear and a blank expression.  A nice ass, she scoffs internally.  Was he mocking her?

But Pteron keeps grinning and Catcher stares at him under delicate scrutiny, sizing up his words with his demeanor, trying to get an authentic read of him.  Somehow he made her feel comfortable in just holding onto that goofy grin - it was practically the same charming one he had started this whole conversation with.  Despite her fumbling inelegance, it had remained unchanged and there was a certain genuinity that it held.  That meant this look he was giving her now was not one spurred from thinking poorly of her - that this was all just in good fun -  and she’s incredibly grateful for that revelation.  It made the  recovery time between her embarrassing incident and now practically nonexistent and she began to relax back into her own cheeky, quirkiness.

And she can’t help but reflect a smile back at him, finding it surprisingly easy to do now.

“Worse”, she says snobbily, though the disarming twitch of her grinning lips contradicts her statement.  “The air is too clean, the trees are too beautiful, and the residents are prettier than I am,” she said, slowly dropping her head so that the tip of her horn would point directly at him while she raised a slender brow in unspoken accusation.  She’d offhandedly called him pretty, but a  little voice was telling her that he more than likely wouldn’t mind it.  It would be impossible for the overo mare to deny she had noticed how well he had filled out since their last encounter, just as she had.  Catcher could appreciate the sturdiness of his build and the broadness of his chest, or the way the his downy wing caught the stray tendrils of light when he lifted it.

Tossing her head to free her sight from the still-ginger forelock that had fallen there, she laughed brightly, “In all honesty, I’ve only just met Taiga, but I’m finding her enrapturing so far.  I can see why’d you fall for her.”   Then with a sudden incline of her lips, her grin becomes a great deal more mischievous.  “And thank you, by the way,” she says, alluding to his mention of her being a ‘nice ass’, I think you’re a very well-rounded guy yourself.”

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-16-2019, 10:33 PM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-17-2019, 10:47 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 11:30 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 08:42 PM