• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i must go to the seas again
    Bean never paid attention to his eyes until now, but they are quite an exquisite green. Like grass or leaves, and her stomach rumbles at the thought. Which puts a stupid grin on her face because she wants to tell him that his eyes look nice enough to eat but that probably isn’t proper… “Mmmm…” she mumbled incoherently, staring at his face instead of the tree that had moments ago been her chosen focal point.

He earns brownie points for the confession that his own mother had once asked him the same thing. It was the kind of answer that was expected because of his curmudgeonly ways but also unexpected because it made his eyes twinkle and his whole face light up with something Bean thought she recognized as mischief. Mischief was something that always spoke to her heart and finding a fellow scamp just made her time there in the forest that much better.

In fact, it made her like him that much more. She laughed in response, entirely delighted and sure to let him know by the way her belly shook and the laughter came from somewhere deep and genuine inside her. “Wish I could have seen the look on her face when she asked you that!” Bean gave him a conspiratorial wink as the conversation moved on to where each of them belonged.

“Politics, schmolitics!” she chuckled, not caring much for that sort of thing. Bean knows she’d be a useless sort somewhere; maybe that’s why she’s found nowhere and goes everywhere her happy little heart pleases. Hm, food for thought. Food, like grass - like his yummy green eyes… okay Bean, focus! She makes the mistake of meeting his eyes though, just after this thought, as he asks her what she’s looking for.

“Oh I don’t know really…” she drawls, trailing off into a thoughtful silence. Okay, it looks thoughtful but Bean might have just zoned out and not thought of anything at all. It just never occurred to her to tie herself somewhere, even if it was in a metaphysical sense since she was darn near useless besides causing trouble and making others laugh. Do they have room for tricksters and mischief-makers here? 

But the purpled mare stands and shakes the pine needles off herself and Bean is once again, easily distracted by so much gleaming pretty skin. Not once is she jealous. She’s okay being just plain old brown, like a paper bag or a handful of dirt but gosh, al that color was astounding! It kinda reminded her of the rainbow-colored snowflakes that Blue had made for her the moment they met. Come to think of it, she misses him…

“Oh ummm…” she trails off again, cocking her head to the side this time as her eyes narrow in true thought. She’s actually thinking this time before she blurts out an answer, “The meadow! Or island resort.” Silly Bean doesn’t offer any reasons why, she just grins at the pair of them happily and her tail twitched a little, as if the happiness just can’t contain itself in her smile alone. 

@[Oceane] @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    i must go to the seas again - by Oceane - 11-17-2019, 06:53 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by bean - 11-17-2019, 07:13 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by Leilan - 11-18-2019, 09:25 AM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by Oceane - 11-18-2019, 03:19 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by bean - 11-29-2019, 09:55 AM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by Leilan - 11-29-2019, 10:52 AM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by Oceane - 12-04-2019, 11:00 AM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by bean - 12-07-2019, 07:53 AM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by Leilan - 12-15-2019, 06:47 AM
    RE: i must go to the seas again - by Oceane - 12-19-2019, 09:43 PM