• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    The gathering is a pleasant one, all lighthearted banter and how d'you do's. It's easy to be happy when the company is so vibrant. Still she found her eyes drifting to him when she hoped he was looking the other way. What she was hoping to find, even the sea mare didn't know. Some sign or signal, some acknowledgment of what had transpired between them? 

He acted as carefree as ever, though, and she began to feel guilty for not following suite so wholeheartedly. That was the problem though, wasn't it? She'd let him talk her into giving him everything. Body and soul, she longed for the pegasus, only to realize that her body might be all he wanted. She'd teased, told him not to fall in love with her. She only wished she'd know how easy that would be for him. 

He called her away when the gathering dispersed, and she followed him without a second thought. She'd follow him anyway, if he asked sweetly enough. When they are far enough up the beach, his words fall like darts to her heart, each one a hopeful thing even as it draws blood. 

He missed her. His kiss set fire to the skin it brushed, light as his feathers. So easy it was for him, to bring the world down into a focus of two. A magic more powerful than anything she herself wielded, it seemed. He'd shown her the stars, and she wanted to show him things equally beautiful. "I missed you too," she admitted, nuzzling the softness of his jaw despite herself. 

He is her friend before all else, and she can see the worry hanging from him though he tries to brush it away. He seems unwilling to delve into it, however, and so she lets the subject spin to something lighter. She made a mental note to nip Aodhán next time they crossed paths, for where else would Pteron have gotten his information? But that would be later. The shifter and Eva had spilt off, clearly intent on their own piece of paradise. 

A smile, soft and less certain than usual graced her lips. He is so considerate, so kind, and the thought of him pulling off the feat suggested really did lighten her heart. "I'll be very impressed if you manage that. It would mean you've gotten much better at swimming than I remember you being."  Her throat tightened as he leaned closer, and almost instinctively she stepped away. The rejection is softened, she hoped, by her turning it into simply trotting before him, her original destination in mind. 

"Do you... So do you want to see where I live? Not just Ischia, but my own piece of it when I'm ashore?" She asked, glancing back to see if he would follow. Many nights she preferred to sleep beneath the waves, nestled in a coral grotto that felt as safe as any place she could imagine on land. But some nights, many more since the winter, she had been laying out on the warm beach as the sun drifted beneath the horizon, and counted the stars as they emerged, the memory of him whispering their names into her ear as she drifted to sleep filling her mind. 

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Aquaria - 11-19-2019, 12:22 PM