• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh, i fall apart, starsin
    OPHANIM
    He had been riding a sort of high since the birth of their youngest son and thought it was a shame that others would never know such joy. Malone had been ecstatic to have a brother to dote on. He loved Lilt, of course, but she was not entirely in sync with his games or ideas. Sometimes she wanted a break from the chaos that boys can bring with them. But now all those bright memories and delighted thoughts seem so far away as Ophanim lays in the forest floor just wondering how things could go so wrong.

Malone leans gently into her kiss before stepping back to give her room with Ophanim, though he paces uneasily near them. But the angel boy can only meet his wife’s eyes as she lowers her head to his. Words do not find his lips when she whispers so gently against him, only those sobs that rattle his entire body. Slowly, as though anchored down by his dread and his agony, he stumbles back onto his hooves so that he might press his chest to Starsin’s. There is some comfort that manages to cut through his pain by having their firstborn and his soulmate here, at least.

He rests his chin over the back of her neck and tries to piece together some clue from the carnage he saw. There were claw marks in the mud and dirt, he thinks, but it means little to him. Still, Malone’s ears perk at the thought and he briefly meets his mother’s eyes before turning and hurrying off. He doesn’t know who to tell but he is certain he will find someone.

I don’t know. She had no enemies. Who would hurt someone like her?” he finally manages to choke out. “I wanted her to meet Larrikin so badly. I wanted her to see how much Lilt and Malone have grown.

He closes his eyes, thinking of all the things they can never do again. Now all they have are the stories of her time with them. Ophanim buries his face in Starsin’s mane and holds her a little too tight, now terrified she may be next.
    you could drown in those eyes, i said.
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    oh, i fall apart, starsin - by Ophanim - 11-20-2019, 03:37 PM
    RE: oh, i fall apart, starsin - by Starsin - 11-21-2019, 02:22 AM
    RE: oh, i fall apart, starsin - by Ophanim - 11-24-2019, 06:02 PM
    RE: oh, i fall apart, starsin - by Starsin - 11-29-2019, 12:51 AM