• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  nothing hurts when I’m alone, ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

“The fuck you mean I can’t be here?” he snaps, scowl etching lines into his face. Not that there’s anyone else he’d rather be trapped in a cave with. She at least wasn’t annoying as shit. “What the hell are you doing here?”

Ok, well, to be fair, anyone would be grumpy as fuck after they’d just witnessed a rockslide locking them in a cave. Certainly he’d never heard her come anywhere as close to anger as she’d just sounded a few moments ago. Damn. Maybe this was his chance. Get her all nice and riled up. Pass the fucking time in way more… diverting past times.

Sounded as good a plan as any to him.

“Fucking Nerine,” he growls, not so much as to her as it is an expression of his irritation at realizing where he’d landed. “Of course it’d be fucking Nerine.” Though it should not be possible, his scowl manages to somehow deepen. “Why are you in Nerine?”

He could turn these questions back on her all damn day if he needed to. Mostly because he doesn’t actually have an answer for her.

Of course she chooses that moment to shrink back against the wall, a pained groan escaping her as she sinks slowly to the floor. “Shit,” he mutters, realizing belatedly that apparently all was not well. “Fuck. Are you hurt? Goddamit, tell me you’re not fucking hurt.”

He inches closer, squinting at her through the dim haze. Hell and damnation. Blood had never bothered him, of course, but he’s not a fucking healer. He had no clue what the hell he’d do if he were stuck in here with an injured Ryatah.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: nothing hurts when I’m alone, ashhal - by Ashhal - 01-17-2020, 01:23 PM