• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me a shot to remember; anyone

Gluttony

For a moment the wind picks up, pressing against her side as it dances around them and with a blink of surprise she realizes in that moment what exactly she is seeing. With a solid green eye, the palomino and white mare slowly takes in the other’s unique features and for a moment her lips twist in thought. Taking a gentle step towards the other, she studies him. While there are so many features she could take note on, it’s the galaxy markings along his face and horns that catch her attention most of all. These are what make him beautiful to her.

Standing still she lets him inch closer. She is lost in the colors of his galaxies. As the wind continues to twist and twirl the scent of rain pairs with it and a soft mist begins to fill the surrounding empty space. Her skin trembles in response and for a moment her breath becomes caught in her throat. He does not fly? How could that be? Her mind is racing as she tries to understand how that could be. How one could have wings, but unable to use them for the exact thing their destined for.

She couldn’t fathom not being to fly alongside the birds of prey that had become her family. What would it be like to never float through the sky? ”I do fly,” she responds gently with a sort of sadness, ”but only when I am in my other form.” She doesn’t elaborate. Her mind shifts to the memories of floating through the clouds as an Eagle and an eye momentarily shifts to look at the sky above. ”It is one of the best feelings. You are so free and nothing happening in the world below matters.” Slowly her eye travels down to traces the lines of his wings and for a moment she feels a fleeting sadness for the creature that cannot fly. 

Stepping forward she walks past his head towards his left side. Unlike him, she doesn't even attempt to restrain herself and inching forward her soft velvet nose bumps against his wing. It clearly is alive. She can feel the warmth from them. With soft breaths she traces her nose against the bone before turning her head back towards his and letting her eye meet the horn sitting on the same side she was on. "Why don't you use your wings?" She has no idea that she may be treading on thin ice with this question, let alone that she may be pushing a limit by so boldly touching the dragon that had come to say hello. So far, she had yet to understand that boundaries existed. Or maybe it was that she just didn't care. 

"Ghaul," his introduction is only half heard, but she tastes his name across her lips in thought. "That's an interesting name. I like it." She is matter of fact as she finally decides that she is going to attempt to make this other equine a friend. He may not be the most eye catching thing, but she isn't the type to realize it. What an interesting pair they must make here in this open space. A glittering golden mare conversing with a dragon being of darkness. "I'm Gluttony!," she is eager in her introduction of herself. "What is pan.. Pan-geel?" The pronunciation is lost on her as she had only been half listening before. His wings and shimmering galaxies had her memorized. 

The birds were admittedly so plain compared to this.

@[ghaul] hi. this is a cough medicine post. pls forgive.

Messages In This Thread
    give me a shot to remember; anyone - by Gluttony - 11-23-2019, 11:17 PM
    RE: give me a shot to remember; anyone - by ghaul - 11-25-2019, 04:26 PM
    RE: give me a shot to remember; anyone - by Gluttony - 11-26-2019, 09:12 PM
    RE: give me a shot to remember; anyone - by ghaul - 11-29-2019, 08:50 PM