• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could i use you as a warning sign | oceane, castile, isobell
    for the call of the running tide

Castile has proven to Oceane (not that he had been required to prove anything to her) during her short residence in Loess that he is an attentive, observant, and territorial ruler. She breathes a sigh of relief that today is no outlier as the beat of the Loessian King's wings repeats loud overhead. The speed at which he descends is telling; he is wary of Ivar's presence within the foothills, and despite her relief at knowing she is safe in Castile's presence, there is a certain amount of guilt that springs up within her.

She is the one who'd led the kelpie here. She is the one who, it would seem, has brought someone potentially dangerous into their sanctum. Oceane can only hope that Castile will believe her when she finds the chance to explain the hypnosis the shifter-stallion had utilized with her, that he does not see Ivar's presence as a betrayal of the trust she had promised to him.

The way he murmurs a quiet greeting to her and presses his warm muzzle to her crest calms this fear. It coaxes a tentative smile in response before the memory of Ivar caressing gently down her neck in much the same way, though far more predatorily, causes her to shiver. She hopes that neither will notice as the two stallions take the conversation into their own hands; Oceane is content remaining here, beside Castile, far from the hot springs she'd promised to show the kelpie.

Oceane is showing me Loess, Ivar tells Castile without any indication of the earlier malice he'd presented to her. A master at his craft, he had most likely worked on perfecting his habits for years, and this leaves the opalescent woman to wonder just how much Castile knows about him. Or, she ponders, how much Ivar knows about the Loessian King and the dangerous secret he still hides from Oceane like an ace held close to his muscled chest. She wonders this, of course, without knowledge of their intricate and intriguing history.

"Ivar happened upon me as I was exploring Ischia," she suddenly interjects, her tone pleasant and her words chosen carefully for Castile's benefit, "He convinced me to bring him to Isobell." Her amber eyes, the worry seeping into them now, shift from the stallions and to the foothills that surround them. Isobell is nowhere to be seen, and she hopes that it will stay that way until the kelpie stallion decides to return to his own island home.

Feigning comfort, the winged woman sidesteps so that her glimmering feathers brush against Castile's, finding the feeling of safety in his close proximity.

@[Castile], @[Ivar], @[Isobell] | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign | oceane, castile, isobell - by Oceane - 12-18-2019, 04:42 PM