• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  seek me out; round i
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><style>.lucrezialayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#8dbbb1;} .lucreziagradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -o-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .lucreziapic {width:600px; height:400px; background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/vZ3Hghs.png");background-size:contain;margin-top:-55px;} .lucreziaquote {width:600px; font-size:24px;font-family: 'allura', cursive;color:#1d2f3e;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:20px;} .lucreziapost {padding:40px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:5px;text-align:justify;font:13.5px times;color:#091016;}</style>
    <center><div class=lucreziagradient><div class=lucrezialayout><div class=lucreziaquote><center>Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water</center></div><div class=lucreziapost>She had dreamt of many things in the darkness. In the world of shadows and death, everything was tangible with every passing moment. Every memory and thought she ever had was easily replayed. For her, though, she always relived the memory of her death.

It always happened the same way—every time. Lucrezia felt every punch and blow from the monster-stallion that murdered her. She remembers every part of her breaking, from his physical hits to his verbal blows. Each of his words felt like he was breaking her bones, snapping her in half. The truth rang loud and clear in every word that spilled from his lips. Lucrezia knew very well she had lived her life as a failure, so why was she getting a second chance?

Deep within her heart, she knew she was being ungrateful for the chance to redeem herself. But she doesn’t understand how she can ever erase the mistakes from her past. Her thoughts are haunted by the memories and the broken promises.

There was nowhere for her to go when she returned to the land of the living. Beqanna was much the same as she had left it. She dares not run back to Tephra when guilt fills her lungs and she chokes on all her regrets. The only thing she can do is wander—living a lonely life until death comes for her once more.

<I>Perhaps Nikkai will take me back</i>, she thinks with a heavy heart. A deep sigh releases from her mouth as she wanders through the trails of the forest that have long since been abandoned. Her head hangs low as she walks slowly, dragging herself forward. She does not look up, keeping her eyes low. Lucrezia would not want a stranger to see the excorticating sadness that fills her eyes.

When the mist comes and slowly begins to surround her, she doesn’t take note of it. The champagne mare continues forward, eyes looking down as she follows the abandon path. It isn’t until the mist thickens and obscures her view that she notices it. Suddenly, Lucrezia stops in her tracks. Her head darts up, ears flicker forward instantly, and her eyes try to make out the mist that is beginning to swallow her surroundings.

“Nikkai!?” She yells out loudly in the thick mist that surrounds her completely now. Her eyes go wide and her gaze flickers around wildly with urgency. Lucrezia steps forward a couple of paces, she feels the hard forest floor beneath her, but suddenly stumbles and topples forward onto something soft with hot radiating heat. Picking herself up as quick as she can, she shakes her head, and spits out the soft hot dirt out of her mouth. The air feels drier and hotter than before. It was not the moist and cold air she felt in the forest just moments ago.

Shaking her head once more, she looks up. The mist slowly clears and reveals a long-forgotten memory. It hits her hard instantly, her mouth goes dry and her heart tightens in her chest. Her eyes widen with bewilderment as they flicker across the shifting dunes. A sharp pain quickly spreads across her and her stomach drops. She feels nauseous and dizzy all at once.

<I>It can’t be!</I> Lucrezia knows it possibly couldn’t be true. The Deserts had been wiped away along with the old lands of Beqanna. <I>There is no way,</i> she thinks with a shake of her head once more. Her home was gone long ago—all her memories, friends, and family. The only thing she had left of the Deserts was the sphinx tattoo on her right hip. It had to be a dream. All of it certainly should be a dream. <i>Maybe I am dead again.</i> Perhaps she had never crossed back over to the world of living. Maybe it was all a trick, but she cannot help but think it was not either.

Lucrezia takes a step forward, feeling the familiar soft warm sand underneath her hooves. She remembers how hard it had been for her to adjust to the sloping dunes when she first came to live in the Deserts. The memory brings a soft smile to her cream-colored lips. Her gaze then flickers to the horizon where the golden dunes expand, her eyes instantly, by memory, find the oasis. When she sees the dotted horses in the distance, her heart warms when she recognizes those that possibly could be friends. <I>Yael, Vanquish, Kreios, Tarnished…</i> She thinks happily, and without thought her hooves carry her forward towards the oasis in the distance.

Moving up and over the slopping dunes, the dotted horses in the distance still feel so far away. She was only noticing now that it felt like she hadn’t made it any closer. Her muscles are beginning to ache; her mouth is terribly dry from all the heat; and the blazing sun feels painful hot on her skin. Determined to make it to the oasis, Lucrezia pressed onward over the shifting hills.

Soon enough her pace was slowing down. It became more difficult then ever to make it over the dunes. Her body was drench in sweat from the blazing sun that hangs high above her. All she could think about was the cool, clear refreshing water at the oasis. The taste of it is on the tip of her tongue. She was so thirsty thinking about it now. <I>I’m almost there</i>, she tells herself as she drags herself up the slope of the dune. Her steps are sluggish, and she stumbles onto the sand beneath and her.

The sand is soft and warmly pressed against her body. Her head is spinning fast. She doesn’t know how much longer she can keep going on. Her muscles ache from the sloping dunes and the scorching sun burns her skin—it feels like fire almost. “Maybe if I just rest here for a minute. Just for a mo—” she says softly as she closes her eyes and drifts off.

“Lucrezia, Wake up. Lucrezia!” A voice breaks through the silence, echoing across the desert, and she looks up instantly at the golden winged mare standing on top of the dune. “Yael? Is that really you?” She asks slowly with a quiet voice. The golden mare doesn’t answer, she turns, and moves down to the other side of the dune, disappearing from Lucrezia’s view. Quickly, she pushes herself up, her footing slips, she stumbles, but tries again and makes her way up to the top of the dune.

From the top of the dune, there was no one there. “YAEL!” She calls out, feeling her heart clench against her chest. The golden woman had just been there! “Yael, come back!” She calls out again, tears filling her eyes. Her head begins spinning again, her body aches for her to lay down on the soft sand and fall asleep again. As much as she wants to do so, she knows she cannot, she must keep moving forward. The heat wipes away the remaining tears in her eyes, Lucrezia looks to the horizon once more, the dotted figures and oasis are much closer now. The blue crystal water calls to her, her body urges her for to move again.

Moving down the hill, Lucrezia presses onwards with a sluggish pace and head low. She endures the blazing sun that stings her flesh where sunburns are forming; she ignores her dry mouth that feels like sandpaper; and her breathing is heavy and ragged as sweat drenches her body and drips. She keeps moving, moving until she reaches the edge, where the sand disappears, and the smell of fresh grass and water overwhelms her.

The sparkle of the blue water draws her forward with urgency, she ignores the pain from her sunburns, drags herself to the edge despite the ache that fills her muscles, until she is at the edge. Her instinct tells her to drink the water, her body begs her to do as well, but something, deep within, tells her not to.</div><div class=lucreziaquote style="padding-top:0px;"><center>...too close to the bottom.</center></div><div class=lucreziapic></div></div></div></center>

Lucrezia suffers from dehydration, sunburns, and sees a mirage of Yael (who she knew from the Deserts). The land she is tied to is Ischia.
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    seek me out; round i - by anatomy - 11-30-2019, 08:19 AM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by Aquaria - 11-30-2019, 12:04 PM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by bean - 11-30-2019, 06:00 PM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by garbage - 12-01-2019, 07:03 PM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by Wishbone - 12-02-2019, 05:17 PM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by Lucrezia - 12-02-2019, 08:55 PM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by lilliana - 12-03-2019, 12:19 AM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by Neverwhere - 12-03-2019, 12:19 AM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by Ruthless - 12-03-2019, 12:42 PM
    RE: seek me out; round i - by Beulah - 12-03-2019, 01:56 PM