• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    i don't eat i just devour, everyone in every hour; leilan
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    The pathetic excuse of a horse before him whispers things that the ice drake could not understand if he had enhanced hearing - but the message about blinking is transferred, and although Leilan might have thought that putting the younger man out of his misery was the easiest and quickest way to help, he guesses everyone clings to that small lifeline of hope.

Maybe he shouldn’t have asked.

But he had, and so he has to act. If there’s anything he’s decidedly not, it is a liar, nor will he go back on his word. He remembers the way Jesper once used his Frost Aura to stop a bleeding, although that had been a minor cut in a mock battle.

Leilan can do Firen one better now.

He steps closer, letting the icy magic build in his throat - waits a second when the other speaks, but decides it will have to wait - then breathes it straight into the open chest wound.

Perhaps fire would have better cauterized the male’s wounds, but here where everything is frozen, a layer of ice will clot the blood flow just as well. There’s a small bonus for the cold constricting blood vessels, although Leilan’s own knowledge of bodies reacting to cold is very limited. The scaled roan has no idea if it will hurt - or, if it will hurt more than the wound already does - but at least this should mean the young man no longer bleeds out. It’s something, right? And maybe just about enough to pull through.

His eyes quickly scan the horizon for another heat source, but when he can’t find one, he has to assume the girl is either too far away or too late to be helped at the same time as this young man, or she has already gone.

One at a time, he tells himself, and looks down to the boy on the ground, wondering how he’ll take it. He might as well have passed out, in which case he’ll need to be guarded lest he freezes to death after all.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Firen]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i don't eat i just devour, everyone in every hour; leilan - by Leilan - 12-16-2019, 02:29 AM