• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

visions of dazzling rooms i'll never get let into; eurwen, brine, neverwhere

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    Nerine smells like home.

The salted winds whip around the mares when they cross the border on the eastern side of the land, as the spotted mare had led them around the Mountain and along the border between Taiga and Hyaline. She might have opted to go straight through the mountainous kingdom had she known about Lilli’s tendency to glance towards her home as if she’d rather not be here, relying on Nerine’s previous alliances with the owners of the lake - however, the border-route was faster than the lake-and-sea route, and she had heard no complaints from Brine.

The chestnut mare asks a question, and in it lies the same innocent assumption that Neverwhere had made before her. That nothing weird had happened to Eurwen in particular, that she had been recruited some time ago and she simply wants to make polite conversation of asking when that was. Lilliana had never heard of her before. Neither had the bald-faced mare.

Instead of feeling offended, Eurwen feels a little sad. Sad that her efforts for the world had cost her her connection to Nerine and her family, and so much more. She pushes the feeling away, instead offering the chestnut a smile. ”All my life. I was born on Icicle Isle, but mother ruled here so we didn’t stay there long. It’s a long story.” One, she thinks, she might tell the red mare some other time. For now, she catches the sheepish smile and nods; she agrees that it is a little weird for Lilliana to never have gone to Nerine, which is supposed to be Taiga’s mother kingdom. Perhaps relations might have been different, since she imagines the conversation between Heartfire and Lepis haven’t been all that smooth.

The topic shifts to Lilliana securing Brine, and Eurwen lets herself be excluded for a moment. She doesn’t know Aten all that well; only by name. However, it seems that the chestnut mare is not done asking questions, and so, the spotted mare looks back to her with another confirming nod. ”She lives here. Where to find her, is another matter altogether.” Depending on Never’s mood, mostly. She would guess on a windy day like this, she would be near the cliffs, but she can’t be entirely sure.

@[lilliana] @[Brine] @[Neverwhere]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: visions of dazzling rooms i'll never get let into; eurwen, brine, neverwhere - by Eurwen - 12-11-2019, 03:42 AM