• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Special delivery, Pteron;

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

”Of course she is,” Reia quips as her tail flicks, causing the flames to hiss, ”Did you expect anything less?” Her eyes narrow skeptically at Pteron, nearly tasting the unwillingness to be near enough to her. A whirl of emotions grip her – anger, longing, confusion – but she forces them aside for the moment as she looks down at their daughter. ”I knew our child would be perfect,” in front of him, she is tender and placid toward the young one. She reaches around to lip her Mohawk tenderly, breathing in the girl and memorizing the tang of blood and newborns before returning her attention to Pteron. ”Her name is Adarra.” At the mention of her name, the filly looks up and her eyes mirror those of her father. They stand out from the rest of her body, startling but beautiful. Her muzzle reaches up and glides across mother’s flank, but slowly, cautiously, she edges toward the larger stallion.

There’s a peaceful quiet among them while Reia closely watches, her lips pursed shut in fascination at having made, and delivered, something so innocent and pure. ”Adarra,” it jerks her daughter’s attention back to her, ”this is your father, Pteron.” This is a rare moment where there is no aggression, no anger, and no threats. For a moment, they are a family.

Adarra’s olive eyes have already drifted back to her sire as she inches in front of Reia to better look at him. She observes his wings then regards her own with a little ruffle of damp feathers. Lifting her muzzle toward him, Adarra curiously huffs with dilated nostrils to memorize the new scents washing across her. ”Pte… Pte…” she attempts to seize his name, but her mouth cannot yet grasp and form the syllables. As though seeking help, her olive eyes slip to mother again, tilting her small head. ”Father, dad, poppa…” ideas for her to use with an uncertain shrug of her shoulders. It’s seemingly enough, however, as Adarra whips her head back to Pteron with a honeyed smile that isn’t at all jagged like her mother’s. ”Poppa,” she confirms sweetly before finally closing the space between them and nibbling his chest.

Warmed by the sight, Reia edges closer and presses her muzzle to his throat, just behind the curve of his jaw. ”It’s the strangest thing,” she mutters quietly, muffled by his skin, ”I dreamt I had twins, but there was only Adarra.” Slowly, she withdraws from him, but the heat of their bodies still mingles as her gaze falls to their newborn daughter.  

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 12-09-2019, 10:21 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 12-13-2019, 12:20 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 12-17-2019, 09:40 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 12-17-2019, 10:26 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-08-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 01-09-2020, 08:31 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-10-2020, 11:07 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 01-11-2020, 09:09 AM