• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but recently, the flames are getting out of control; any

She notices the way the vines twist in response to her comment. It’s not true, of course. There are plenty in the world that will never, ever miss her. Kindling for one. Kindling for probably at least ten, actually. But Straia didn’t care about that. She didn’t necessarily care about anyone who didn’t miss her. Why? Partially for as vain a reason as you would suspect. But mostly because she didn’t waste her time with those that weren’t worth it. Because likely, if they missed her, she would also miss them. And those were the only ones worth her time at all.

Weed. Oh, Weed was worth it though. He was worth every second she could give him.

“I would say you are a liar,” she says with a chuckle, still so close to him that the vines brush against her skin. The thorns claw against her brown and white hide the same way the branches of the pine forests do. She welcomes the thorns as she welcomes the trees, feeling more at home with the reminder of pain against her skin than she does anywhere else. Life should not be lived safely, or delicately. It should be lived with head high and all guns blazing. “You and I have a different definition of the word miss than the rest of the world. Or am I wrong about that?”

But the question is rhetorical. She knows she’s not wrong. She knows that in all the ways that matter, they think alike. She knows that the Chamber could use someone like him. She knows that the heat of him crackles against her skin as he lips at her jaw. She knows that it spreads through her like wildfire in a forest. But she does not flinch, does not move, does not give it away. Though she revels in the warmth that spreads through.

He changes topics, calling her Raven, and she laughs slightly. He may think it an annoying nickname, but oh, how apt it really was. She grins - a curve of one side of her mouth and a glimmer in her eyes. There are certain things about her that are still a child, that have never and will never change. “You aren’t the first to call me that. Though the rest of them remember to add Queen to the title. I’ve been rather busy while you are gone. Overthrowing my father, rebuilding a kingdom. You know.”

She remains casual meeting his eyes as well. But of course, in the way that he is ready to catapult to his next adventure, she is ready for him to join her. She is ready for another mind like hers. She is ready to have him with her, and together, they can tear the world down. That is what they dreamed of so long ago. It is what they can accomplish now.  

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but recently, the flames are getting out of control; any - by Straia - 08-12-2015, 08:25 AM