• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Though Our Lands Are Apart, Our Hearts Are One [Kingdom Residents]

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    The spotted mare smirks a bit when the queen states how she doesn’t have anything against Brine; surely someone should immediately tell the roan woman about this. And someone…

It might be her. She looks to Aten as he rectifies his statement that Wen spoke well of the bald-faced mare, and a small knowing grin emerges on the knabstrup hybrid’s features. ”I would say our queen isn’t easily described with words,” she shrugs a bit, knowing full well that one look towards the scowling mare would do more than a thousand words.

But Neverwhere isn’t really in a bad mood. As Aten explains his trip though, and his need to stand for Taiga, she doesn’t interject until he is at the very end. ”I think she meant Nerine not doing anything for you, Aten. But you see, Neverwhere. Nerine was here to oversee that Taiga was free, and not overrun by those seeking power. And it failed. I’m sorry we failed, Aten. If there’s anything I can do to fix it, tell me… in the meantime, you and your family are welcome in Nerine for shelter if it comes to that.” She doesn’t have to ask Neverwhere for permission for that; if anyone would stand between her and her friends, they’d finally find out how a little fragile girl survived her quests to find the Plague’s Cure.

@[Neverwhere] @[Aten]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Though Our Lands Are Apart, Our Hearts Are One [Kingdom Residents] - by Eurwen - 02-11-2020, 04:09 PM