• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Knock, knock; Any
    For this child of the Jungle, born and growing amongst its tropical landscape and steamy temperatures, stepping hoof into the snowy reaches of the Tundra was proving rather unpleasant. Roe is beginning to suspect that he has picked the *worst* possible time of year to take it into his head to indulge his wanderlust, but lifts his rapidly less-red shoulders in a shrug. It's too late to turn back now, he's already here and might as well seek out the male kin that Dorne had mentioned to her children on a few occasions before her departure. And hope that they were amiable to the possibility of Yronwood relocating and becoming one of their brotherhood. He had no issues with the Amazon ladies, his beloved twin sister was even one of them after all. But as a male, he had no real rank there, could not gain one either. What would he end up doing if he chose to stay in the Jungle? Would he end up claimed by one of the sisters, to father children with her?

He and the few other males that lived in the Jungle were not slaves of course, but the lengthy matriarchal bloodline of his sister's friend Nayl, for example, had not sprung up from nowhere.....the Amazons couldn't make babies all on their own, and he wanted to be able to be free to have a mate or not, as he chose, as long as that mate was willing of course. Did the Tundra keep a harem of mares? That didn't seem very equal either. He could always seek out a companion from outside whatever land he ended up calling home...Anyway, there was no point in having such a debate with himself right now. He decides that he's struggled along in the knee-deep winter snow far enough, and stops to be spotted and greeted. He calls out, not in a demanding tone, simply in a "Hello, I'm here. ", fashion. Blinking rapidly to try and keep the snowflakes out of his eyes, he wishes that he had the ability to instantly thicken his coat against what is to him, biting cold. The spotted boy is just glad that his red and white body is too busy shivering to produce any of the random, post-nightmare shudders that continued to plague his waking hours. A member of the brotherhood would understand their visitor's shivering, but if they were to witness him unpredictably shaking like he'd been electrocuted, they'd probably think there was a cog or two missing in his brain.
    He catches the wish before he’s even seen the boy (but with the blowing snow, that’s only a few dozen yards away). It’s an easy enough thing to do, even if it might cause some sudden weariness in Yronwood as the energy it takes to grow a winter coat is expended in the time between heartbeats. Errant emerges from the falling snow fairly quickly after that, shaking the snowflakes away from his eyes as best he can.

“Hello,” He says, looking over the red and black colt. Errant doesn’t know him, but the odds that a horse so closely resembling the brother in Kratos’ memories is not a grandson or great-grandson of his seems unlikely. There are ways to be sure, but they are not branches of magic that Errant has bothered with. He will find out in time, he’s sure; perhaps the boy will even volunteer the information himself.

“I’m Errant. What brings you to the Tundra?” His voice is a soft tenor and his grey eyes are bright and curious. He’s not usually one to be especially gruff with strangers, especially not when strangers seem to be potential Brothers, as this one does.
    [Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]
    His spotted skin suddenly feels itchy, and then the fur covering it abruptly thickens to provide the extra warmth he had silently been yearning for.  Roe stares down at his own body with confusion, wondering how that had just happened, and blinking his eyes even more in sudden weariness.  The quiet voice upon the chill air snaps the boy out of his amazed stupor, and he lifts his gaze back up to see a black stallion standing in the snow, as coated in the white stuff as he was himself.  The spotted chestnut dips his head in a return greeting.  Was this stallion the cause of his brand-new winter coat?  "Oh, hello!  Do I have you to thank for no longer being on the verge of freezing to death?  If so, thank you indeed.  I probably could have picked out a better time of year to come here, but oh well.  I'm Yronwood, from the Jungle, and I've got the notion in my head that I should come and see how I fit in with the male kin my mother told me that I had here.  Her name is Dorne, by the way.  ", he remembers to toss out at the end, in case the gray-eyed stallion had known her.  He seemed a very decent fellow, though if he'd been able to read Yronwood's mind and affect another horse's body, he was also a very powerful fellow, and he is glad that he had been polite to the Tundra resident.  He didn't think that spending the rest of his life as a frog would be very much fun, after all.
    The boy doesn’t seem too terribly concerned by his newly grown coat, something that pleases Errant. There are stranger things in the Tundra, and this one is far more benevolent than most. He’s grateful too, and much more verbose than the Errant. Errant has never turned anyone into a frog; he imagines it would be rather difficult. Would they still have their logical, equine brain or would they be replaced by the eat-breed-die instinct that drive the little amphibians. It would be a punishment, that is for sure. The older stallion listens politely, but there is a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth as the boy chatter on. While there is nothing to suggest that he doesn’t want to be a warrior, Errant wonders if perhaps Crito’s time as the sole diplomat of the Tundra is finally coming to an end.

“Hello Yronwood,” he says after the boy has finished speaking. Coming from the Jungle is not something he’d expected the boy to say, but he supposes since they are allied with the kingdom and they are family, this is as a good a place to any to come. “Dorne was my granddaughter,” he tells Yronwood, realizing even as he says it that this boy’s existence makes him a great-grandfather. Is he really so old?

“You are more than welcome to stay in the Tundra,” He adds, in case that wasn’t clear with the admission of their relation. “You have plenty of family here. Uncles mostly, but I have a daughter a few years younger than you, and your great-grandmother is here as well. I imagine she’d like to meet you.” Lea, I’m sure, would love to meet this distant descendent of ours. She had missed so much in her time…away. “Would you like to just lvie here, or are you interested in joining the Brotherhood as well?”
    [Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]