• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to cope and burn just right, lilliana
    “I know when you go
    down all your darkest roads
    I would have followed all the way
    to the graveyard.”
    She is used to the strangeness that is Beqanna. Is used to the lulls and the sudden sparks, the valleys and peaks. She doesn’t take much notice to any of it anymore, though that is partially because she remains wrapped up in her own world. Her own private universe, with different galaxies and different stars – a different kind of sun that she orbits around. The longer she is alive the more selfish she becomes, until her mind hardly ever ventures beyond herself, and so it is almost startling – a sharp pull that yanks her back to reality, a reminder that there actually is a ‘rest of Beqanna’ – when Lilli wonders if the quiet here means the unrest is elsewhere. “Sometimes,” she reasons agreeably, thinking back to the days when she was more involved in the comings and goings of the kingdoms, “though sometimes it just means there’s an actual interlude of peace.”

She cannot recall the last time she felt true peace. Peace for her meant boredom, and boredom resulted in her taking drastic measures to cure it. Which leads to her answer to Lilliana’s question on children: “There have been a handful of new additions,” she says with a smile, thinking of Noel and Firion, and Beyza, even if she could not openly claim her. Children were not exactly a rare thing for her, even though each and every one of them was special; each of them having their own story of creation, each of them a physical product of the strange twists and turns her life took.

The conversation shifts to the mountain – the source for most of Beqanna’s strange magic, and a place that Ryatah has only been to once. Her visit there was, of course, far different than what most experience. Something ripples inside of her at Lilliana’s choice of words - like someone stole my sight. Something like the beginnings of an incredulous laugh, because what an ironic statement to be made to her – the woman whose eyes were ripped from her skull, and gifted back to her by the same man, and he could still steal her vision whenever he saw fit. “The mountain can be a powerful place. Whatever it did to you, it did with some kind of purpose. But no, that is not how...this...happened to me. It happened after I returned from the afterlife, in the same incident that opened the gates.” Her wings shift, the watery sunlight catching the gilded edges, when she angles her face slightly away from her with a short, humorless laugh. “I don’t actually feel like an angel most of the time, though.”
    ryatah

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: trying to cope and burn just right, lilliana - by Ryatah - 06-11-2020, 08:13 PM